Thread: Trolling vibes

Trolling vibes

hey my local fishing supply store suggested trying to trawl a vibe on one of my rods, my question is this an effective way of catching fish say trawling vibes in 1/8 and 1/4 over using say an sx40. would love to hear your feed back and any info you can share on trolling lures for bream specifically what lures.
    cheer grant

Re: Trolling vibes

They will work like this but remember if you stop they sink immediately and if your over snaggy bottom kiss them goodbye because those sharp little hooks stick to bloody everything.

Just-Chips is right. Once you stop it drops - though depends how deep the water is that you are trolling. Try running 1 blade and 1 sx40 and maybe hold the rod with the blade so you can quickly wind-in should the sx40 get hit.

I used to troll a lot and caught a few fish. I've become a cast & retrieve fisho more so now and reckon I catch a hell of a lot more fish because I'm getting the lure into where the fish are. Compared to trolling and just catching the occasional fish that is out away from the structure. So I strongly suggest you work on your casting and catch more fish.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

I ve had luck trolling them with an electric with my canoe and also paddling in my kayak and as the others have said,you stop,they drop.There are some out there with only doubles on them and are not as snaggy,give anything a go ..