Thread: Yet More Dribble from the Courier Mail and Brian Williams

Yet More Dribble from the Courier Mail and Brian Williams

Re: Yet More Dribble from the Courier Mail and Brian Williams

Does this mean I can't catch and eat clownfish, turtles, hammerhead sharks, eagle rays and seahorses anymore ?
    Like the bloody idiot says : "hunting and fishing posed the greatest threat to their survival"

I mean --- fishing ?? ---- Really ???

Bah Humbug

A bit worrying to read that some of these wonderful species are threatened with extinction. The world would be a sadder place without those cute little clown fish. But the other less attractive species are just as important to the ecosystem so deserve protection too. Good to see some research raising awareness of the plight of these creatures.

YEs a fair bit of 'cute and cuddly' journalism there with Nemo references. Not really slamming rec fishing but- all the talk is of international trade in aquarium and food markets. Both of these markets have had significant impact on the viability of some species and should be looked at.

seriously... how do you get funding for these studies.... I am thinking of studying the effects that a rock will have on another rock if left beside it for 12 months.... hunting will have an effect on the outcome obviously.... pfffft.... *puts hand out* grant please!

The research and findings are important but consider this....the people doing the research and wishing to get their 'message' out dumb it down and condescend to you by using childish terminology.....rubbish.
    If you're talking to a room of third graders maybe, printing it in a publication meant for adults is insulting and makes me, for one, dismiss anything I read about it. Far more likely to be extreme leaning with that rubbish condescending tone.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

I agree that Brian Williams rarely reports objectively on rec fishing issues. He tends to ignore rec fishing contributions from the LNP. I think it wouldn't hurt for rec fishers to let him know its about time he gave them a fair go. In one case he allowed a Green group a spray at the LNP for being for rec fishing. When I asked for right of reply as an LNP rep, he wasn't interested.
    For what it's worth, I was also surprised at the new lows in this piece.
    Mark