Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

Re: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    just a bump
    It's only relevant when you are in opposition ....... oh , and when you are pushing for the ministers position

btw - how is Mark ?

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Dont worry, fishermen are gutless and never vote to support their sport. They are generally rusted on to political parties and are lemmings. So I wouldn't worry to much about this thread or similar ones, its only a very small number of aberrants who will actually stand up and have something to say as you slide it in with no lube, even fewer who will do anything about it next election.

I'll bite........ again.

This is NOT on behalf of the LNP, ALP or PLP, just what I understand as facts.

I will however, endeavour to write in english, for those that are " challenged ". For those that are unwilling or unable to answer MY questions here. For those that just feel the need to tap away at the keyboard with no accountability or moral fibre.

1. An MP before the last election made certain promises, that were in fact attached to terms and conditions.

2. Those promises were not his to make, at the time, but he believed they were on the table, at least for discussion. ( may well still be there, but not a priority )

3. NONE of those promises made by people that had the power to impliment those promises have been broken to this date... 6th Nov 2012. ( now, if anyone out there can disprove this, please, please PLEASE .. prove it or STFU )

4. The promises made by the Leader of the LNP prior to the election are still on the table. Net buy back, infrastructure etc.

5. Anyone want to know more about the Rec Fishing agenda, contact the Minister, don't go blabing on here about things you know nothing about. Side-swiping people should be left to the experts.

I will never defend any politician or politicial party that LIES to me, but as an Aussie and my ability to read and hear, I certainly do understand the difference between a LIE and a broken promise, and.... there is a difference. There is also a huge difference in a promise not delivered as yet and a promise.

I think we all need to look at what IS going on, rather than suffering over, what is in effect....... no change to date.

The biggest issue we face today, is that the Recreational Fishery Unit of Queensland Fisheries has been all but abandoned , in that it has NO Manager. The LNP appear ( that is A P P E A R )... to be soley concentratiing on sureing up the Commercial sector, at least for now. The Minister at the top is a Agri-Business guy and detached from the Rec Fishery.

The other big issue is to make sure we have a loud voice at the right tables of power. This is now going to be left to Sunfish. They are no longer tied to the apron strings of the Govt of the Day and we will be seeing a much more pro-active approach from them and with that , we need to support them.

We have proved in the past, that people power does work, and to this end, I urge everyone to get off ya ass's and do something about what you think needs doing in your area of interest.

Phone calls, emails, letters, petitions, office visits, protests and more WILL make a difference.

IF you are unsure on how to go about something that bugs you, email me, and I will be only too happy to help in any way I can.

Slaging off someone over the internet ( be it pollie, fisho, tradie, or reality TV guy ) really only lowers your voice to a whimper, as by doing this , with no understanding of the person and the conviction of their character, their passion, their beliefs etc, your voice is disappearing into the abyss where no one but the " lonely " will hear it.

NOW, with my Moderator hat on, if anyone has something positive to add to this thread, by all means go ahead, but if you are here to chuck mud, spread inuendo or simply stir shite, then you will feel the consequences of your actions by a Moderator enforcing the rules of this forum, which you agreed to when you signed up.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hey Phill

How long do ya reckon b4 Gazza comes along with dislike.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Misleading and Misrepresentation for my way of thinking fall under the same umbrella as a lie ........... Voter support was gained from statements made on this site with regard to how supportive a LNP government would be of recreational fishing. Furthermore there was blatant slagging off on the incumbant government with regard to how poorly they treated recreational fishing.
    To date this LNP government has not only sat on it's hands with regard to rec fishing it has actively implemented policy that detracts from it!

Am I incorrect ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I agree with MOST of what you say Chris. Again, I always lean on the " intent " of the promise etc.

Maybe I am too pedantic in my understanding of the written and spoken word as I take it all as being exactly what is said, never assume or interpret to my benefit.

You'll have to explain the " activately implimented policy " bit.... I may have missed that bit, I do travel a lot and rarely see any news-worthy Rec Fishing items. I rely on " links " and other forms of information from various ( ) sources.

cheers

I have just re-read the question / thread topic.

Think we drifted away from that.

Short answer is Yes.

Long answer is, the current Govt have not dishonored any promises yet.

LP

Lightbulb Re: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

1. An MP before the last election made certain promises, that were in fact "attached" to terms and conditions.
    Please explain LP , your interpretation of what iyo ..... terms & conditions was/were "attached" ?
    (paste 'n copy if possible) , .... as you stated above
    I rely on " links " and other forms of information from various ( ) sources.
    p.s. LNP (Liars ,No Policy) m8 ... imo
    Last edited by Gazza; 07-11-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: updated p.s. to accept mod concerns about advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I'll bite........ again.

This is NOT on behalf of the LNP, ALP or PLP, just what I understand as facts.

I will however, endeavour to write in english, for those that are " challenged ". For those that are unwilling or unable to answer MY questions here. For those that just feel the need to tap away at the keyboard with no accountability or moral fibre.

1. An MP before the last election made certain promises, that were in fact attached to terms and conditions.

2. Those promises were not his to make, at the time, but he believed they were on the table, at least for discussion. ( may well still be there, but not a priority )

3. NONE of those promises made by people that had the power to impliment those promises have been broken to this date... 6th Nov 2012. ( now, if anyone out there can disprove this, please, please PLEASE .. prove it or STFU )

4. The promises made by the Leader of the LNP prior to the election are still on the table. Net buy back, infrastructure etc.

5. Anyone want to know more about the Rec Fishing agenda, contact the Minister, don't go blabing on here about things you know nothing about. Side-swiping people should be left to the experts.

I will never defend any politician or politicial party that LIES to me, but as an Aussie and my ability to read and hear, I certainly do understand the difference between a LIE and a broken promise, and.... there is a difference. There is also a huge difference in a promise not delivered as yet and a promise.

I think we all need to look at what IS going on, rather than suffering over, what is in effect....... no change to date.

The biggest issue we face today, is that the Recreational Fishery Unit of Queensland Fisheries has been all but abandoned , in that it has NO Manager. The LNP appear ( that is A P P E A R )... to be soley concentratiing on sureing up the Commercial sector, at least for now. The Minister at the top is a Agri-Business guy and detached from the Rec Fishery.

The other big issue is to make sure we have a loud voice at the right tables of power. This is now going to be left to Sunfish. They are no longer tied to the apron strings of the Govt of the Day and we will be seeing a much more pro-active approach from them and with that , we need to support them.

We have proved in the past, that people power does work, and to this end, I urge everyone to get off ya ass's and do something about what you think needs doing in your area of interest.

Phone calls, emails, letters, petitions, office visits, protests and more WILL make a difference.

IF you are unsure on how to go about something that bugs you, email me, and I will be only too happy to help in any way I can.

Slaging off someone over the internet ( be it pollie, fisho, tradie, or reality TV guy ) really only lowers your voice to a whimper, as by doing this , with no understanding of the person and the conviction of their character, their passion, their beliefs etc, your voice is disappearing into the abyss where no one but the " lonely " will hear it.

NOW, with my Moderator hat on, if anyone has something positive to add to this thread, by all means go ahead, but if you are here to chuck mud, spread inuendo or simply stir shite, then you will feel the consequences of your actions by a Moderator enforcing the rules of this forum, which you agreed to when you signed up.

LP
    Thanks Phill for writing it in English- Im not much good at other languages.
    However I must still be one of the challenged ones with no moral fibre because I can't see 1 question in that post- only your statements of fact as you see it and thinly veiled threats of a ban if no one agrees with you.

I have just re-read the question / thread topic.

Think we drifted away from that.

Short answer is Yes.

Long answer is, the current Govt have not dishonored any promises yet.

LP
    So you are saying that governments who break promises to rec fishos should be returned? Seeing that the incumbents have not yet dishonored any promises does this meen they should not be returned next election?

Maybe I am too pedantic in my understanding of the written and spoken word as I take it all as being exactly what is said, never assume or interpret to my benefit.
    MP Mark "But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."

MP MARK
    "We have committed to the following already: a review of all the science used in snapper management and to conduct additional research; no plans for any bans; no plans for any rec licences; 1 line per rec fisher in Moreton Bay Green zones. Open to other suggestions?"

And there's nothing in there about special conditions either. Straight out lies to suck in disgruntled anglers.
    ~~~><))))*>

MY bloo. Cam... answer should be NO. Hot arvo... edit my post.

I asked the " questions " in previous posts, no need to repeat. I was simply adding to the topic with my opinions and facts, as I understand them.

No threat at all, just stating the obvious. I never expect anyone to agree with me about anything, but I do expect people to debate,( if they want to get involved in these types of threads ) as per the rules of Ausfish and to debate on substance.

Gazza, be careful.....

Firstly, to answer your question, ( which is something you have NEVER done to any of mine ) the " attached terms and conditions" were plainly spelt out to me and others by MP Robinson, in that he said... " If I am Fisheries Minister. etc etc ", that never happened. But to date and as far as I know, the only thing ( we'll call it a promise for some ), he made was to " announce " a rec fishing policy before the election, which he personally did not, but the LNP did release a Marine Infrastructure plan and some of that has rec fishing aspects. Again, I state quite clearly, no promise made by any LNP member prior to the election that had authority to do so, has been broken. IF I am wrong, please advise me of it, and I WILL take it up with those that need to know about it.

The caravan idea has no merits as I am not a member of any political party and even though it is your " opinion " , I figure it has nothing to do with this thread. If you wish to contribute, do so in the spirit of the thread and subject matter. If not............

To also answer the question of the thread, it is a bit open ended as it doesn't state by when the rec fishing promise is not met. If this topic refers to the current Government, then we have an issue as there were NO PROMISES made in respect of policy. There is of course the statement about " providing better outcomes for rec fishos ", but who determines those outcomes and if they are better or even if they have been fulfilled ?

WE could look at it this way. Election time 2012, LNP promises rec fishing policy to be delivered ( no date and no promise broken up to election date 2015 ). If that promise included funding of $5MILL for artificial reefs off the coast and those funds to be rolled out over 3 years starting 2015, due to budgetory constraints now, and in fact the first arti reef working group meeting takes place 4 weeks before election date 2015, then that promise HAS BEEN DELIVERED. YES, despite no reefs being installed / deployed, the promise has been met. You see guys, you have to actually read what they are saying, you have to be pedantic in your understanding of the statements.

Political speak is very very different to english, as we know it.

I can give a hundred more examples of diverisonary speak or as some like to call it. Spin.

Again to answer the question in the topic heading...... NO, they should not be returned, but hands up all those that actually vote for a rec fishing policy when the day comes. All Govts know the rec fishing vote is there, but is it enough to topple a Govt... NO, it does and has had impact, but to a degree that maybe pollies are under-estimating, but really guys, you are all intelligent enough to cast your vote for the best outcome for you and your family. If that is new plasma TV's, income tax cuts, super increases, lower fuel costs, foriegn policy, those damn boats, agri-business or housing industry restructuring, then that is what you vote for.

If you have a moral fibre and passion to put rec fishing first, then that's great and welcome aboard. To be honest, my vote was cast against the previous government and not necessarily for the incoming, if you know what I mean. Knowing the devil mantra is BS, no govt could have set us back so far as the previous one.

I still have faith that new ideas etc will be forthcoming from this Government, it is simpy a matter of time. The one line in Green Zones is still on the table, but not being looked at by the right people yet. The other issues like, commercial net buyback is underway. The " science " we all want to help us make good decisions for our fishery is yet to be enhanced...... that is a shame, but not forgotten. The science part is obviously to do with the Snapper fishery. The No Com netting in Yellow Zones in Hervey Bay is certainly in the loop and I have no doubt decisons will be made on this soon.

Guys, with the current budget, policing of regs will be at a minium, making legislative changes are a long way off, but regulation changes are close.

If you feel a Government should not be returned to office due to dishonouring rec fishing promises, then that's a big call as there are too many vairables to consider before one casts their precious vote.

LP

Yes Mike, I understand what you are saying, but if the person stating that had no authority to do so, then the Govt cannot be held responsible !! Not defending anyone at all, just saying it.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    MP Mark "But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."

And nothing in there about special conditions either. Straight out lies to suck in disgruntled anglers.

Holy crap Mike. I re-read that and read it again. Bloody hell, we be hoodwinked. as far as I can see NO MENTION OF RECREATIONAL FISHERY THERE ??????? That statement could be aimed squarely at pro fishos if you read it as i just did.....

LP

Holy crap Mike. I re-read that and read it again. Bloody hell, we be hoodwinked. as far as I can see NO MENTION OF RECREATIONAL FISHERY THERE ??????? That statement could be aimed squarely at pro fishos if you read it as i just did.....

LP
    Actually that was MP Mark's answer to the question when will the LNP release their "REC FISHING POLICY".

MP Mark promised dozens of times on Ausfish that we'd have the "LNP Rec Fishing Policy" before the State election. Actually most of the time he said as soon as Bligh announces the election date.
    How come MP Mark has never come back on here and explained why he didn't deliver on his promise. If he was buttering us up with promisses he had no right to make, then why hasn't he explained this and apologised, rather than you Phill constantly apologising for him.
    There will be another election in 2015 and Ausfish members will know just how much to believe from this man and the 2 or 3 diciples he manages to brainwash into the cult.
    ~~~><))))*>