Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SEQ local M&G 12 -13 Nov. who's in ?

SEQ local M&G 12 -13 Nov. who's in ?

Hello Fellas,
    Following the unreal time had at 1770 and all other past Meet and Greets I would like to keep the momentum flowing.
    I havnt thought of a date yet but here is the idea

Where: Moreton Island Meet and Greet
    When: No dates but propose Saturday- Sunday Overnighter

I thought it would be great to head over for a social overnighter. Head to Moreton and stay at Tangalooma area overnight. We could fish the day/arvo/night and settle back at Tangalooma for drinks and a social day.

Does this interest anyone?

OR does someone have a similar idea about another small gathering in the Brisbane area for people with boats??
    Too many times I am noticing people with boats that never take them out and far too often allow work to come between some time off, hence the weekend for a trip.

Looking forward to your replies
    Marty
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 29-09-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Living the dream, Barry

Re: My ideas for a local M&G

Mate sounds like a great idea and think it would be good to have it at Tanga.
    It gives more people the opportunity to join in the fun of a M&G.
    There is also the option of getting the Ferry over if land based and either stay at the Resort or Camping the weekend.

Cheers
    Brett

My thoughts exactly Brett. I guess once enough interest has been expressed I will try and put some dates up. Can one of the moderators please comment whether there are any legal obligations or things I should be aware of if I am drumming up interest or am involved in organising this M&G.

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Hi Marty

Im relativly new to this site and did not make the 1770 M&G due to the birth of my son (some things are more important than fishing) however im more than interested in getting involved and meeting new people...

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    Hi Marty

Im relativly new to this site and did not make the 1770 M&G due to the birth of my son (some things are more important than fishing) however im more than interested in getting involved and meeting new people...
    This is certainly the place to meet people. Once dates and finer details are in put up a post looking for a spare seat or offer your boat to team up or just turn up.
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Only problem with tanga's is the anchorage is crap for overnighters. The currents swing every boat in all sorts of weird ways and you end up waking up in the middle of the night with another boat banging into you. Blue hole is a better spot, but lacks the facilities of tangalooma. Kooringal is also good, with the bonus of the gutter bar for a few coldies.

Kooringal has a bar??????????????? Please explain, I may need to pull a sickie tomorrow
    Living the dream, Barry

Hey Marty,

Great Idea mate!! You can lock me in. I think that a lot of fellow Ausfishers would be happy to tag along,reason being it`s a lot closer for those in the south east corner who do not get the chance to travel to 1770 because of work / family commitments and maybe the distance etc.
    It would give people a two day window to have a great time and to put names to face`s so to speak.
    As you are Marty,I`m not sure if there are legal obligations or not,although wouldn't it be just a bunch of boaters how happen to be in the same place at the same time??

Once again mate,great idea!!
    Cheers
    Kerrod

Woohoooo, Kerrods in!!!
    At the end of the day its a Meet and Greet, not a Meet and disappear for a night and then re appear with all your fish , quick show and tell then head home.

I figure head out Saturday go for a fish for half the day or so and head to a meeting point where we can meet and greet and have a night filled with laughs, beers, fire and a BBQ. Whether you camp in a tent or stay on the boat it should be fun. Lets get excited!!!!!
    Living the dream, Barry

I know Grand Marlin could be in a new boat soon
    Living the dream, Barry

Count me in baldy , always keen.

You can count me in...

Lucas

lots of replies so far, I guess everyone is on lunch ....
    Living the dream, Barry

Aye me Captain count me too

See you there me hardy's

Vince
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    lots of replies so far, I guess everyone is on lunch ....
    Lunch??? Not this old bloke mate!! I`m down in me boat shed having a bloody cold beer polishing me trailer axles
    Cheers
    Kerrod