Thread: Transporting a yak interstate

Transporting a yak interstate

Hi all

I wonder if anyone has had to transport a yak from state to state (canberra to qld)
    and now the really important questions:

1 Precautions before the shipment to ensure it arrives in one peice.......how was it wrapped or what packaging was used.

2 Cost

3 name of company that did it for you, were you happy with their service and would you use them again.

If you don't want to put that out on a forum the please pm me.............

I may have the opportunity of buying a yak interstate but transport costs have to be included in the costs to see if it works out to financially viable. It has to pass the minister of finance.

cheers

garry
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Transporting a yak interstate

Garry,

I know a few yak fishos that have considered buying a yak from Sydney and the costs of transport and packaging it were too expensive to justify ($1000+).

Some have elected to drive down and get themselves and do a little fishing in it on the way back, which is not a bad way to do it.

But if you know someone at a trucking company then do a deal with them.

Cheers,

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Talk to your local kayak shop or the one near the seller . They have couriers/ trucks that do it and will have the packaging as well from yaks they have recieved.

Thanks guys, I have rang a few furniture removalists with no responses at all, I have emailed a bus line to see what price they want...........waiting for a response. I think I may wait till the boat show and see what specials come up on yaks. Mainly looking at hobies, prob outbacks.
    Cheers Garry

Garry,

We own a kayak business and transport Kayaks all over the country. I wrap kayaks in two layers of bubble wrap and then a layer of matress protector plastic sheeting, our glass boats get a cardboard wrap as well.. We book through "e-go.com.au" and if you go 'depot to depot' they are pretty good with prices. In the past two years I have transported over 200 kayaks with them and only had one damaged (it was dragged by a truck driver) which they paid for.

Regards
    Mathew
    Spring Creek Outdoors

BarCrusher 670HT "Spook"

Thanks Guys for the feedback

The sale didn't come to fruition but it is good to know what to do etc........ Point of interest, I sent about 4 emails to various removalists and didn't even get a response. I was thinking they may have done it on a backload. Must be lots of work about for removalists if you don't need to respond to someone who may spend money with you.

Brisbane boat show coming up, will be looking at the hobie stand with interest
    Cheers Garry