Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Power of a fish research inspector

Re: Power of a fish research inspector

we whinge when they put closures in place and we whinge when they are trying to collect data. beats me!!!

Thats, not a whinge, just fact.

Regards
    Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    How is it skewed by DPI's data gathering?
    The opening statement to me was "we are collecting recreational fishing data"

Regards
    Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    The opening statement to me was "we are collecting recreational fishing data"

Regards
    Honda.
    And what's wrong with that Honda?

Matt do you work for fisheries, are you in anyway associated with DPI, in the past or present?

I guess I answered my own question..

Further information on the extension project can be obtained from:
    Denis Ballam – Queensland SeaNet Officer, Cairns. Phone: (07) 4032 2234
    Matthew Campbell or Tony Courtney, Queensland Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries. Phone: (07) 3817 9591 or (07) 3817 9582
    Email: Matthew.Campbell@dpi.qld.gov.au or Tony.Courtney@dpi.qld.gov.au

why wouldnt you want all the information I had to provide?

Regards
    Honda.

Absolutely I am Honda. Have been for 15 years or more. Back to the question how is the data collected skewed? Here is a post from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    The data they got to estimate the fish that rec fishos take was based on 2 phone polls. Quite a lot of people on this site know that fact.

The whole science was based on those survey results. WHAT A JOKE.

Why should we cop it at all?? their scientific figures are complete and utter rubbish..

I am with the millitant vote..

Regards
    HOnda.
    Why not provide more info so that the stock assessment scientists are able to use more data so that the results aren't, in your words, a joke?

Honda900

Mate,
    SeaNet Extension is an NGO working with Commerical, Recreational and Govt agencies again is a different organisation and has nothing to do with the Gold Coast scenario and again completely different. There is no need to tar everything with the one brush as being one and all the same.

Pinhead,

You been out fishing lately, I hear there a lot of tailor around.

I'm with Honda, i wouldnt let a research inspector check my fish either. The government doesnt give a shit about the research done, all they care about is keeping the Greens happy.

cheers tim

My issue is that these surveys while providing much better info than a bloody phone poll are again just a tiny tiny snapshot of the fishery. A mathematician is then going to come along and make a bucket load of assumptions and attempt to extrapolate that into a model. Unless a mandatory catch card is brought in it's all going to be a waste of time and money.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Pinhead,

You been out fishing lately, I hear there a lot of tailor around.
    Have been fishing at least once a week for the past couple of months. Never fish for tailor..hate the things.

[QUOTE=Matt_Campbell;1303384]Absolutely I am Honda. Have been for 15 years or more. Back to the question how is the data collected skewed? Here is a post from another thread:

Matt,

Please educate me and probably many others, you took the info on my tub of fish, what happends from there?

TimD and Honda

Are you both anarchists or have you got something to hide

If it wasn't for a lot of fisho contributions both rec and pro then no one would be fishing.

In order to have fish the fish need to recruit and multiply...it's not rocket science. Hence data.

[QUOTE=hakuna;1303505]
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    Absolutely I am Honda. Have been for 15 years or more. Back to the question how is the data collected skewed? Here is a post from another thread:

Matt,

Please educate me and probably many others, you took the info on my tub of fish, what happends from there?
    Hakuna, Info from one capture and one person means very little...it will probably be added and compiled into a local database for the area fished. This needs to be taken from many people and over a long period of time to have any real significance.

I would think Matt would be in agreeance to this statement

yes, so you collect data from many people over a period of time, so what happends from from there?

There are arguments sent both ways in this post but I am yet to understand what happens with the data and where and how is it used.

You want us to believe that the data is used for the good of all fishos then how and why?

Simple request I thought.