Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super vee prices

Super vee prices

what does everybody think of the price drop of the noble's super vee from cunningsham marine. is this a cry for desparation or just bloody good pricing

cheers

brett

Re: Super vee prices

I checked out the Nobles at the Tinnie and Tackle show 2 years ago (just after they shifted production o/s I think) and the quality and finish was ordinary (!) at best. I would hope this has been rectified since? If not, I think the discounted prices would still be too much. Happily corrected by anyone who's cast a critical eye over them lately

A few members on here have brought them and are very happy with em from reports. Because they are made in China and the chinese currancy is fixed to the US dollar the drop in price may reflect the strong Aussie dollar. It should.

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

I would reckon a reflection of the not so great economic climate.I had a sticky at them early last year while up that way and thought for the money the finish was not so great.Just little things like sloppy finish of welds,carpet poorly fitted,paint looked thin and some was going chalky,and i never even got in and had a good look around.This is not a Noble bash just an observation.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

I would have thought there labor cost would be now less than half of what it was when they were built in AUS, also if they are using Chinese materials this will be also cheaper, the new pricing should reflect these changes.

I don't mind the look of them they had a few issues with the paint peeling off the side on the earlier ones but fixed it on the later models seem to be a good boat for the money now I really thought they were over priced for a boat made in china bu they seem to be a bit more realistic now I still reckon you could get one cheaper if you haggled with them. I don't mind the 585 centre cab.

Just over a year ago this mob advertised heavily (full page adds in mags etc) a $10 000 saving on these boats at the tinnie and tackle show - what they did not mention was that they had two weeks prior jacked up the price by $5 000 - this was enough for me to buy mine from another place at $14 000 less than I could have got it from them.

I will never buy anything from them after that stunt.

Am I happy with the boat - yes it has surpassed my expectations - I have done 150 hours in mine.

The finish and welds are good, the paint has two blisters in the cabin (not big) which I will inject some super-glue under sometime.

Yes, I heard some of the first one's imported were not so good.

Mine is a 6.25 centre cab with a 175hp Suzuki on an aluminium Dunbier trailer.
    Cheers

Trev

Yeah Trev the 6.25 is a nice rig also they are a very smart looking boat and as for cunninghams they would not have done themselves too many favours doing something like that really. They have far too many boats sitting around down there atm and need to move them by the looks.

Who has been for a ride in a Noble?
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    not me .................
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Me neither I really do like the look of them but they were bit out of my price range but I spent a fair bit of time at Cunninghams looking at all the models what they had and so on I did really like the 585 centre cab but my budget was in the low to mid 50's and they could not quite get there with that sort of budget hence the reason I bought what I have got now I didn't phase me where they were made I think they are a great fishing rig.

I have been in a mates 6.25 in a 25kt se and I can say that it is the best ally boat that I have ridden in. Not as soft in the chop as my Edencraft but very comfortable . He installed trim tabs which made a lot of difference.

Exactly Marty,
    Tangles KFC

Good move trevelly, once bitten twice shy would be a good motto for that mob. Give me a clue, as to where to find another dealer with this product.
    cheers john

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Closest I've come was a Sportfish.Good boat.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF