Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: leatherjackets 2011

Re: leatherjackets 2011

hey fellas

i would'nt mind going out to have a fish(or should i say catch) the scourge of the sea,as long as our beloved bar allows it!!.i have found it easier lately going to evans the bar has been pretty well behaved,even when ballina's been terrible.

Yes mate I said to the young bloke the other day I'd rather tow the boat to Evans for a fish than think about the Ballina bar. The week of the classic the evans bar had barely a ripple on it all wek while the ballina bar threw up a real tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Still cant believe we're going out to target jackets....
    I can't believe the rigs I am sitting here making

Bondy no worries mate, do you want some leader sleeves as well $5 for 25 size 4?

the big gun 1/0 hooks fit the wire

I may poke out a little wider in the morning for a look to see how many are there

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I can't believe the rigs I am sitting here making

Bondy no worries mate, do you want some leader sleeves as well $5 for 25 size 4?

the big gun 1/0 hooks fit the wire

I may poke out a little wider in the morning for a look to see how many are there

cheers Murf

Yes please Murf, may as well get me 3 packets of those too.

Cheers, Bondy.

I have not made mine as yet, will make them a day or two before hand.

I'm still waiting for my spanner crabs Craig!!!!! You stooged me last week! Go and stretch the new live fibre on some toothy terrors. You other guys you can buy pre made deep sea wire rigs for a couple of bucks. They are a throw away item at that price. Just add hooks and sinker and wind em in

halfmanhalffish,

Yeah, if its made in yellow city then it wont last, you need heavier grade steel as a minimum for these critters unless they have diamond coated teeth.

I find it sort of amusing that a Leatherjacket meet and greet/trip is being arranged, I wonder if in (say) 20-30 years time someone will be looking forward to the "Noosa Grinner" annual M&G? and have a few beers and lament the passing of the once common Snapper and Leatherjacket.

You forgot salmon on that list Noel!!!...

yeah, could be the 2055 annual Salmon fishoff at 1770! gees how much fun does that sound?

almost as much fun as sqeezing lemon juice in your eyes

hang on, has this thread been hi-jacked? back to my kennel I go.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmanhalffish View Post
    I'm still waiting for my spanner crabs Craig!!!!! You stooged me last week! Go and stretch the new live fibre on some toothy terrors. You other guys you can buy pre made deep sea wire rigs for a couple of bucks. They are a throw away item at that price. Just add hooks and sinker and wind em in
    Hahaha that new live fibre owns those toothy mo'fos !!
    sorry mate my phone died , they were in a foam box out the front waiting for you . the old man helped eat them for you haha.
    Those pre made 2 hook wire rigs are the go cheap as and even have a little clip on the bottom for a sinker . beats tying wire rigs up the barstards dont deserve that much time spent on them !! haha

what a top day on the water

just finished cleaning up and ready to go again in the morning

put 76 large slimies in the freezer (300 to 350mm long) and 8 nice pike for Agnes Water

a 3.7kg pearly, 6 trag, a huge MIL fish, 5 snapper, a 1.6kg flathead, got spooled, the day was as sweet as

went out wide and had a look for the jackets but couldn't find any where they were supposed to be last week before the blow

only used 14ltrs of fuel for the day

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    what a top day on the water

just finished cleaning up and ready to go again in the morning

put 76 large slimies in the freezer (300 to 350mm long) and 8 nice pike for Agnes Water

a 3.7kg pearly, 6 trag, a huge MIL fish, 5 snapper, a 1.6kg flathead, got spooled, the day was as sweet as

went out wide and had a look for the jackets but couldn't find any where they were supposed to be last week before the blow

only used 14ltrs of fuel for the day

cheers Murf

Crap Murf,
    I might have to come & fish at your place instead.

Muzz

Muzz,
    Let me know how your spotting went. Hopefully leathers will be around in plagues soon.

Murf, have you got the items that I ordered from you?

Cheers, Bondy