Thread: Lobsters

Lobsters

last night i jaged myself a nice big painter or tropical lobster....
    yer now im in the good books with the ol girl just need to know how to cook the bludger...Picture 178.jpgPicture 179.jpg

Re: Lobsters

Mate I find the tropical crays are a bit tough so they go better in something rather than just straight boiling which is all the southern crays need.
    Thermodore is always a winner and pretty easy. Slice cray in half lengthways, scoop out meat, mix with a white sauce, place back in the shell and top with cheese. About 15 minutes at 180C should do the trick. That is the bush recipie off the top of my head. google will give you plenty of recipies with more specifics.

Another one is fry up some garlic and chilli in a few spoonfulls of olive oil for a minute or 2. drop in the cray meat (cut into bite size bits) and stir fry until pink/orange- bout 5 minutes. Throw that into some spaghetti with some roasted grape tomatoes and some basil and a bit more oil and your done.

Re: Lobsters

Thermodore is basically mornay sauce flavoured with hot english mustard makes it go a yellow colour. Tastes pretty darn good too, agreed that the painted lobsters are a bit tougher, so the quicker cooking methods are the way, scoop out the meat and cut it into bite size pieces and shallow fry them in butter and a little oil, most important though.. dust them in flour first as this will help seal the moisture in.. makes a massive difference. That is one cool catch Wayno!!
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!