Thread: how do i fish the sand pumping jetty

how do i fish the sand pumping jetty

Hey guys

not sure if this is where i should post this but here go's.

i am heading down to the sand pumping jetty at the spit tonight and i was just wondering how to fish there i havnt been there before and was going to have a gang out with a pilly on it on a surf rod and just a normal bream rod to chase anything that will bite what will i catch there and is there much around at night time ? what bait should i use ? and just on a single hook or on multiple ?
    and is there any certian spot/side/end i should fish for a result ? oh and hoe heavy a leader/line to get it a fish up onto the bridge haha

sorry if this is scrambled/ dosnt make sence any help would be great. thanks

Re: how do i fish the sand pumping jetty

It's been a while since I've been there, but I've heard that there's been a few tailor around. There's always a few good bream around, half pillie near the pylons does the trick for me. I normally fish down the end, but there's fish all the way along. If the tailor are on, be prepared to get there a few hours early to secure your spot.

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

thanks for that any more info from anyone else before its time to go fishing ? please and thankyou

buy a boat.

good post Barney.....very helpful!
    ######

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_hains View Post
    thanks for that any more info from anyone else before its time to go fishing ? please and thankyou
    Did you read all these threads to see if you could pick up any tips?
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sea...archid=1954576

It's probably a bit late now seeing as you've already gone fishing, but here's a little advice for next time.

3 ganged hooks on a frozen pilchard and then throw it as far as you can and then retreive it at a moderate speed (making the pilchard skim across the water). Chances are that if you cast into the right area then you should be onto a tailor pretty quick. Also if you're chasing tailor go about three quarters of the way down the sand pump and cast where you see choppy waters. Nights on a weekday are best because when it hits tailor season the weekends are choc a block and it's just impossible to throw a line out.

There have been quiet a few reports of big jews caught off the spit, no doubt fresh squid would do the trick for those monsters. Also having a line gaff would be handy if you're out to chase monster jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertr33 View Post
    It's probably a bit late now seeing as you've already gone fishing, but here's a little advice for next time.

3 ganged hooks on a frozen pilchard and then throw it as far as you can and then retreive it at a moderate speed (making the pilchard skim across the water). Chances are that if you cast into the right area then you should be onto a tailor pretty quick. Also if you're chasing tailor go about three quarters of the way down the sand pump and cast where you see choppy waters. Nights on a weekday are best because when it hits tailor season the weekends are choc a block and it's just impossible to throw a line out.

There have been quiet a few reports of big jews caught off the spit, no doubt fresh squid would do the trick for those monsters. Also having a line gaff would be handy if you're out to chase monster jews.
    Yo bro, spot on