Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smoker ideas & recipes?

Re: Smoker ideas & recipes?

Did the pickled pork/ham in the smoker for Christmas. Everyone said that it was the best ham they have had in years. Ended up doing another smaller one for new years eve, plus a rolled beef roast and some chicken pieces. Been smoking quite a bit over the past week and have it all vacuum packed and in the bottom of the fridge. Been told I have to give the smoker a rest for a while till we get through the current stock pile :-)
    Last edited by Ausfish; 05-01-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    . Been told I have to give the smoker a rest for a while till we get through the current stock pile :-)
    My family has put in place the same rule. I'm banned from the smoker until we finish everything I have smoked. I haven't had this much fun cooking for years
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

And they complain when we don't cook

BTW - Thanks for the tip on the Pickled Pork.

Talking Re: Smoker ideas & recipes?

Dear Readers just a quick note about smoking If you do not want really strong smoke flavour do not pat your fillets dry leave them moist with marinade cheers

Goanna

I have bought an aldi smoker what times should I be looking at for some spotty fillets. They are in sea water and brown sugar cut into three piece fillets. Should I run a blank lot of smoke through it to season it

The directions should be in the literature. If not here is the Hark Cook Book
    http://www.hark.com.au/index.php?rou...&product_id=79
    Click on downloads and go to the cookbook
    I would do spottie fillets for about 30 mins on Med/high
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks mate I lost the book unpacking and setting it up must have thrown it away