Thread: No Carbon Tax

No Carbon Tax

Not sure if this has been put up?

http://www.epetitions.comeonaustralia.com/petition/sign/pid/9

And dont get me starterd on the rubish in the states

Cheers

Re: No Carbon Tax

Well done Chong I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up.I recieved this via email last week I am no expert on this subject thats for sure but it makes sense to me.

NOW THIS COULD MAKE ONE THINK
    So, how bout not paying ANY taxes?
    Whopping NEW "Carbon Tax" Will Make Us All Poorer
    Are You Sitting Down?
    A forward from Jack von Raders

All of you out there across the globe who have fought so hard to tackle the hideous enemy of our planet, namely carbon emissions, you know .......that bogus god you worship of "Climate Change” or "Global Warming" ......well, I feel it is necessary to inform you of some bad news. It really does pain me to have to bring you this disappointing information.
    Are you sitting down?
    Okay,here's the bombshell. The current volcanic eruption going on in Indonesia (Gunung Merapi) since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just 1 week, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.
    The volcano in Iceland recently took just 4 days to achieve similar results. Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesise into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.
    I know, I know.... (group hug)...it's very disheartening to realise that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of Bali, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just a few days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

Oh, I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire 40 MILLION YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.
    Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognised 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
    I'm so sorry. And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.
    Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario
    Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming B.S. artists got caught with their pants down.
    And just keep in mind that now that you will have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure!
    Cheers Axl

Thanks, Done and Done. While I am very much opposed to any Carbon Tax it is more important that we fight this on a democracy issue. It wouldn't matter what the issue was this is just wrong on every level.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

But where to with this whole " climate change " debate ?. Both sides of federal politics concur " climate change " is real.

So where does that leave us mug voters ?.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Climate change is real. So is gravity.
    Human caused global warming is far from proven, and skeptical at best.

Even if all the predictions are true, then reducing Australia's emmisions to zero would only reduce global emmisions by 1 to 1.5%, which is insignificant, let alone reducing our emmisions by 20% of the global 1 to 1.5% we produce, making it even more insignificant.

The more feedback the government gets on the way the public feels about this the better IMHO. If the majority of Australians want a carbon tax, then I will just have to grin and bear it, but I don't think that is the case.

Murdoch

I agree Murdoch, but if climate change is a furfy then why do both major political parties have a policy of dealing with it,albeit vastly different policies but nonetheless for the same issue " climate change ".

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

That letter is what we all should be emailing to all the politicians , but they probable know all that anyway.....

And, what climate change???

Believe it or not, Climate changes every day.

Such a convenient word ?

Today I suffered at the hands of Climate Change.... the sun was shining and then it rained... THE CLIMATE CHANGED !!!!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt Climate changes and it DOES come in cycles.

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Believe it or not, Climate changes every day.

Such a convenient word ?

Today I suffered at the hands of Climate Change.... the sun was shining and then it rained... THE CLIMATE CHANGED !!!!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt Climate changes and it DOES come in cycles.

LP.

To be honest this makes my head hurt but in LP's example it is the weather that has changed. Weather is short term, climate is long term.

Another interresting read on how our government is trying to sell the new carbon tax.

Tim Flannery has had years of practice trying to terrify us into thinking human-made climate change will destroy Earth.
    TIM Flannery has just been hired by the Gillard Government to scare us stupid, and I can't think of a better man for the job.
    This Alarmist of the Year is worth every bit of the $180,000 salary he'll get as part-time chairman of the Government's new Climate Commission.
    His job is simple: to advise us that we really, truly have to accept, say, the new tax on carbon dioxide emissions that this Government threatens to impose.
    This kind of work is just up the dark alley of Flannery, author of The Weather Makers, that bible of booga booga.
    He's had years of practice trying to terrify us into thinking our exhausts are turning the world into a fireball that will wipe out civilisation, melt polar ice caps and drown entire cities under hot seas.
    Small problem, though: after so many years of hearing Flannery's predictions, we're now able to see if some of the scariest have actually panned out.
    And we're also able to see if people who bet real money on his advice have cleaned up or been cleaned out.
    So before we buy a great green tax from Flannery, whose real expertise is actually in mammology, it may pay to check his record. Ready?
    In 2005, Flannery predicted Sydney 's dams could be dry in as little as two years because global warming was drying up the rains, leaving the city "facing extreme difficulties with water".
    Check Sydney 's dam levels today: 73 per cent. Hmm. Not a good start.
    In 2008, Flannery said: "The water problem is so severe for Adelaide that it may run out of water by early 2009."
    Check Adelaide 's water storage levels today: 77 per cent.
    In 2007, Flannery predicted cities such as Brisbane would never again have dam-filling rains, as global warming had caused "a 20 per cent decrease in rainfall in some areas" and made the soil too hot, "so even the rain that falls isn't actually going to fill our dams and river systems ... ".
    Check the Murray-Darling system today: in flood. Check Brisbane 's dam levels: 100 per cent full.
    All this may seem funny, but some politicians, voters and investors have taken this kind of warming alarmism very seriously and made expensive decisions in the belief it was sound.
    So let's check on them, too.
    In 2007, Flannery predicted global warming would so dry our continent that desalination plants were needed to save three of our biggest cities from disaster.
    As he put it: "Over the past 50 years, southern Australia has lost about 20 per cent of its rainfall, and one cause is almost certainly global warming ...
    "In Adelaide , Sydney and Brisbane , water supplies are so low they need desalinated water urgently, possibly in as little as 18 months."
    One premier, Queensland 's Peter Beattie, took such predictions - made by other warming alarmists, too - so seriously that he spent more than $1 billion of taxpayers' money on a desalination plant, saying "it is only prudent to assume at this stage that lower-than-usual rainfalls could eventuate".
    But check that desalination plant today: mothballed indefinitely, now that the rains have returned.
    (Incidentally, notice how many of Flannery's big predictions date from 2007? That was the year warming alarmism reached its most hysterical pitch and Flannery was named Australian of the Year.)
    Back to another tip Flannery gave in that year of warming terror. In 2007, he warned that "the social licence of coal to operate is rapidly being withdrawn globally" by governments worried by the warming allegedly caused by burning the stuff.
    We should switch to "green" power instead, said Flannery, who recommended geothermal - pumping water on to hot rocks deep underground to create steam.
    "There are hot rocks in South Australia that potentially have enough embedded energy in them to run Australia's economy for the best part of a century," he said.
    "The technology to extract that energy and turn it into electricity is relatively straightforward."
    Flannery repeatedly promoted this "straightforward" technology, and in 2009, the Rudd government awarded $90 million to Geodynamics to build a geothermal power plant in the Cooper Basin , the very area Flannery recommended. Coincidentally, Flannery has for years been a Geodynamics shareholder, a vested interest he sometimes declares.
    Time to check on how that business tip went. Answer: erk.
    The technology Flannery said was "relatively straighforward" wasn't.
    One of Geodynamics' five wells at Innamincka collapsed in an explosion that damaged two others. All had to be plugged with cement.
    The project has now been hit by the kind of floods Flannery didn't predict in a warming world, with Geodynamics announcing work had been further "delayed following extensive local rainfall in the Cooper Basin region".
    The technological and financing difficulties mean there is no certainty now that a commercial-scale plant will ever get built, let alone prove viable, so it's no surprise the company's share price has almost halved in four months.
    Never mind, here comes Flannery with his latest scares and you-beaut fix.
    His job as Climate Commission chief, says Climate Change Minister Greg Combet, is to "provide an authoritative, independent source of information on climate change to the Australian community" and "build the consensus about reducing Australia 's carbon pollution".
    That, translated, means selling us whatever scheme the Government cooks up to tax carbon dioxide, doing to the economy what the floods have done to Flannery's hot-rocks investment.
    See why I say Flannery is the right man for this job? Who better to teach us how little we really know about global warming and how much it may cost to panic?
    Cheers Axl

Climate summarises the average, range and variability of weather elements, e.g. rain, wind, temperature, fog, thunder, and sunshine, observed over many years at a location or across an area.

and this:-

1. the composite or generally prevailing weather conditions of a region, as temperature, air pressure, humidity, precipitation, sunshine, cloudiness, and winds, throughout the year, averaged over a series of years.

2. a region or area characterized by a given climate: to move to a warm climate.

3. the prevailing attitudes, standards, or environmental conditions of a group, period, or place: a climate of political unrest.

So yes, I stand corrected..... Climate is different to Weather.

I do however, acknowledge number 3 >>>> could this be the " climate change " our pollies are talking about >> ?

LP>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here