Thread: easiest chili crab recipe

easiest chili crab recipe

I dont know if I posted this before, but it is the easiest and quickest chilli crab ever, mainly because the crabs are already cooked (boiled or steamed)
    Ingredients
    Cooked Blue Swimmers/Mud Crab
    Olive oil
    1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
    4 ,sliced chillies (adjust for taste)
    1 tsp sugar
    Pinch salt
    2 tsp oyster sauce
    1 tbsp tomato sauce
    1 Tomatoe cut into pieces, or a couple of Cherry Tomatoes cut in halves
    Some Capsicum cut into slices or rough pieces
    Preparation

Clean and quarter the crabs, cracking the claws and other large pieces (cut the pointy end off the legs, removing above the last joint)
    Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic and chilli and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add the crab, sugar, salt, tomato sauce and oyster sauce, plus a little water. Add remaining ingredients

Cover the wok and cook for 5 minutes or until the crab is hot, thicken with Corn Flour.
    Serve on a large plate with some salad and plenty of paper towel and a bowl of warm water and lemon for cleaning hands
    how easy is that?
    Last edited by Noelm; 03-03-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: easiest chili crab recipe

love seafood so will have to give this a try. First thing is where do we catch crabs around brisbane or where do I buy them?
    cheers
    sandyd

Re: easiest chili crab recipe

I guess you can buy them at any good fresh Seafood shop, or maybe some people on here that live in your area can supply a few, or let you know how and where to catch them.