Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Do Barchrushers REALLY ride as soft as fiberglass boats?

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Do Barchrushers REALLY ride as soft as fiberglass boats?

Agree with you Chris.

I think where the Barcrushers start to ride ok is when they enter the 5mm Ali sheet. You need that in short sharp chop as a minimum along with Hull design which I think the crushers do well. I loved my crusher and had some memorable trips and it served it’s purpose at that stage of my life.

With ailing health, the ride has become more important to me than anything else and as we all know, all boats have a compromise of some sort but ride for me is number one.

Pond123, enjoy your new tub mate.
    Matilda

Ah well. It is what it is. And the main reason I went BC is that they seem to hold their value well. I will only be using it inshore (Port Phillip Bay) and most of what I do is either trolling or lurking around with a bow mount so long distance trips in rough water are not that common. I really wanted a Polycraft but apparently they do not fare well in dry stacks as their hulls are not supported properly. I do like fibreglass, but I was over all the dings from scuba tanks and out of control boaters at boat ramps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pond123 View Post
    Ah well. It is what it is. And the main reason I went BC is that they seem to hold their value well. I will only be using it inshore (Port Phillip Bay) and most of what I do is either trolling or lurking around with a bow mount so long distance trips in rough water are not that common. I really wanted a Polycraft but apparently they do not fare well in dry stacks as their hulls are not supported properly. I do like fibreglass, but I was over all the dings from scuba tanks and out of control boaters at boat ramps!!!
    In the right location & condition it will be a good boat

It's like my own experiences owning a Hornet ....... right place & right time it was the bees knees ..... my seajay barramasta - even more so

but .... it's a stretch to think that a baby BC will do much more - it's an estuary / lakes / river / bay boat

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Pond123 View Post
    Hi pond123

My curiosity has finally got the better of me! I have owned a poly 4.1 challenger for the last 12 years and use it mainly for estuary and freshwater lake fishing. You mention the hulls are not supported properly and presumably warp during dry stacking. Can you elaborate please? I launch and retrieve my boat off a four skid trailer and no problems with hull distortion to date. Cheers SS

So in a dry stack the hulls are only supported by two bearers, rather than four on the trailer. Also, if the boat is not placed on the bearers correctly (I.e far enough down the bearers) the transom will hang off the end of the bearer unsupported and finally, dry stack bearers are wood and hence not always straight. So, in all of these circumstances, the hull can ‘sag’ and lose shape over time. Not storing on the proper trailer voids the guarantee:/