Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do Barchrushers REALLY ride as soft as fiberglass boats?

Re: Do Barchrushers REALLY ride as soft as fiberglass boats?

comparing rides between a platey and a glass boat is pretty pointless, each have their own advantages, dissadvantages and particular applications......topics like this could go on forever and never really get anywhere.

just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Hey Dan did you think it was as bumpy as my tinny? conditions sound about the same as a couple of our trips.

Ha Ha Scott the difference here is that you didn't spend the best part of 60k on yours,

Yeah we got smashed it the BC and yes it was operator ignorance.........but even when he was'nt flogging us with speed the ride was pretty disapointing.....i was expecting better thats for sure,the boats look good and the build quality is great i was just expecting a much better ride i suppose after it had been talked up so much,i was even getting keen on buying one for a while there.A mates Stabi 609 i reckon eats it up compared to the BC but it's still no rolls royce if ya know what i mean.

Funny how some people would rather quote me than answer the asked question.

Dan

They ride better than some glass boats and worse than some other tin boats mate. end of story

Quote Originally Posted by maimai View Post
    what alloy boats have you been in?
    A couple of tinnies and one plate boat that the guy built himself. It is heavy platey as it is a commercial dive boat (7.5M, carries 8 people, plus weight of tanks etc on board). But it really does ride hard. Even in light chop it kind of bashes its way across the bay.

They still have that annoying sound of water slapping on tinnie hull at rest.
    Plop Plop Plop friggin Plop all day long. Plop friggin Plop PLOP PLOP !!
    Shits me no end

for 5.6 aluminum boat they ride excellent if you know how to drive it

yes for its weight and size is does very well only 1.5 t on trailer and you dont need a 4 wheel drive maintainence costs are low . i have owned one now for over two years and been in heavy seas with a good ride i alway sit down when travelling .tabs are a must and drive the boat at speeds for the conditions.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Ha Ha Scott the difference here is that you didn't spend the best part of 60k on yours,

Yeah we got smashed it the BC and yes it was operator ignorance.........but even when he was'nt flogging us with speed the ride was pretty disapointing.....i was expecting better thats for sure,the boats look good and the build quality is great i was just expecting a much better ride i suppose after it had been talked up so much,i was even getting keen on buying one for a while there.A mates Stabi 609 i reckon eats it up compared to the BC but it's still no rolls royce if ya know what i mean.

Funny how some people would rather quote me than answer the asked question.

Dan

not sure about a 609 stabi riding better we had one follow us out from 1770 and he could not keep up at the speed we were doing but to be fair i dont think it had tabs and it was bashing around.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

I have owned both a bar crusher and a fibreglass boat
    I bought the fibreglass boat because my body could not handle the hammering from the bar crusher any longer.
    Even had tabs on the crusher to try to take out the bang but to no avail
    I still liked a lot of things about the boat my knees were very happy when I got the glass boat .
    "light gear big fish big fun"

Time for Mythbuster's I reckon

I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

ahhhh finga ............. you've taken the "best post in the thread" title ............ mythbusters it is ................

It's always funny listening to BC owners try to justify their reasons for being sucked into buying an over-rated pie tin for an offshore boat and then living with the reality. It's even more funny listening to Surtees owners telling you that their boats are the "real deal" and that BC is the imposter. Horses for courses I reckon.

I reckon the Barcrusher is an Ok boat, well built and fitted out, but I still maintain their popularity is from the raves they get from a certain TV show! they seem to be quite unstable, especially from what you see on TV, and have a very low and pointy bow!

i'll give them that noel, my mate over the road's got one and it's build quality is as good as i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Time for Mythbuster's I reckon

So what's the question i think it should be more specific like....

Is a 560 barcrusher as soft as a 542f haines signature??

Answer..BUSTED!!!

Is a 560 barcrusher as soft as a 575 cruise craft??

Answer?? Plausible....

Just joking answer ....BUSTED!!
    But i'm sure there are some glass boats out there that actually ride worse than the equilivant Barcrusher i'm just unsure what they are!! I mean if a Cruise Craft isn't what could be???

Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    ahhhh finga ............. you've taken the "best post in the thread" title ............ mythbusters it is ................

It's always funny listening to BC owners try to justify their reasons for being sucked into buying an over-rated pie tin for an offshore boat and then living with the reality. It's even more funny listening to Surtees owners telling you that their boats are the "real deal" and that BC is the imposter. Horses for courses I reckon.
    Your a tool paddles, what type of dug out canoe do you own