Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2011 Rod Building Weekend

Re: 2011 Rod Building Weekend

Top weekend and great to meet a few more Ausfishers. Thanks to Stu for all your help (and patience!) with me being a complete newby at RB. Also thanks to Greg & Sue for hosting and feeding us - top effort. Thanks to Daz for the bunk and entertainment!! and finally to the others attending for the assistance.

Great weekend.

Steve

I managed to put in a small / limited appearence in between jobs.

Thanks to Dazza for the rods ( we'll get them sorted in the next few months )

Hope that rod and reel gets a good workout at 1770.... Mark ?

Only strange thing......... no " f " word from Stuie while I was there

Thanks again to Greg and Sue for hosting this event.

Cheers LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Hope that rod and reel gets a good workout at 1770.... Mark ?

So when are we going?????????
    Got to survive the swains first......... Before 1770 M&G

Big thanks to Greg and Sue for their great hospitality and Stu for making it all look so easy. Dazza, thanks again for Sat night.

Mark

Big thanks to Greg and Sue for hosting the weekend and Stuart for his time and help.

It was good to put names to faces.

I look forward to next time (might not be so soft and make it both days..)

Adam

What else can i say apart from another great weekend with a crew of Ausfishers.
    Big thanks again to Greg and Sue for opening their house up for us and some great hospitality and Stu for giving up his time and sharing his knowlege and some strange odours at times.
    Good to catch up with a few of the regulars and meet a couple of newby's.
    Big thanks to Graham for helping me out with some gear at very short notice.
    I don't think there were any pics taken Scott.Greg was busy keeping me company with a beer in his hand.He dosen't like to see people drinking alone. And yes i have finished those rods i even started and finished one and started a second on the weekend.......
    See you all at the next one.

Cheers Dazza

Sounds like another great weekend. Last one I was in Melbourne, the one before I was in Mackay. The next one I want to be in Brisbane.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnBJ View Post
    What else can i say apart from another great weekend with a crew of Ausfishers.
    Big thanks again to Greg and Sue for opening their house up for us and some great hospitality and Stu for giving up his time and sharing his knowlege and some strange odours at times.
    Good to catch up with a few of the regulars and meet a couple of newby's.
    Big thanks to Graham for helping me out with some gear at very short notice.
    I don't think there were any pics taken Scott.Greg was busy keeping me company with a beer in his hand.He dosen't like to see people drinking alone. And yes i have finished those rods i even started and finished one and started a second on the weekend.......
    See you all at the next one.

Cheers Dazza
    haha...beer for breakfast..a good start on a Sunday.

Not as many attendess as previous times but still good to see those that did attend very keen.
    Thanks Stuart..your expertise is greatly appreciated by all.

SOunds like a good weekend you lot had, so where are the pics?
    Tangles KFC

no pics this time around..i was too busy keep Dazza company on the beer front.

now that sounds like a pleasant task
    Tangles KFC

My thanks to Greg and Sue for hosting the weekend and Stue for helping out.Great to see new keen rodbuilders as well as old timers to share knowledge with.
    Graham