Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Restaurant/favourite dish there!

Re: Best Restaurant/favourite dish there!

Chris..same here. have sampled Neil Perry's cuisine on numerous occassions. love his fusion dishes.....especially with the asian slant(no pun intended).

Seriously though....would anyone be interested in a culinary weekend...or even a week....of sampling the finest cuisine we have in this great land.

(Stephanies is no longer...what a shame).

I can work on putting it together if people are interested.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Chris..same here. have sampled Neil Perry's cuisine on numerous occassions. love his fusion dishes.....especially with the asian slant(no pun intended).

Seriously though....would anyone be interested in a culinary weekend...or even a week....of sampling the finest cuisine we have in this great land.

(Stephanies is no longer...what a shame).

I can work on putting it together if people are interested.

Greg
    Greg, I couldn't travel with it right now, and couldn't even do it locally, as I'm focussed on other things, maybe later in the year. BUT, I do Beefsteak & Burghundy once a month, and if you're not familiar with the format, I'm happy to have a chat to you about it - the way we do things really helps you appreciate the food!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I you are thinking of a Sydney location, I might be in it, and even a QLD run if I am going to be up there.

Thanks Timi, Noelm and Chris. Let me clarify what I am proposing. A tour of some selected "world class" establishments that we have in our own backyard......and we have them in all states....this is not meant as a state v state issue. Maybe we could do this on a semi regular basis...like forming some sort of culinary club (I know its been done to death everywhere) - but this is OURS...with the convo always able to come back to fishing. Im not talking about a reason to get pissed (though I dont really need a reason lol) but a chance to sample some of the finest cuisine available with people who also appreciate that (and with an adventurous palate) and also have the common interest of fishing.

Bloody hell...rambling again....shouldnt have opened the second bottle of Marlborough SB.

Add me to your list anything to do with fine food, good wine and good company I am sure Owen would be interested as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Thanks Timi, Noelm and Chris. Let me clarify what I am proposing. A tour of some selected "world class" establishments that we have in our own backyard......and we have them in all states....this is not meant as a state v state issue. Maybe we could do this on a semi regular basis...like forming some sort of culinary club (I know its been done to death everywhere) - but this is OURS...with the convo always able to come back to fishing. Im not talking about a reason to get pissed (though I dont really need a reason lol) but a chance to sample some of the finest cuisine available with people who also appreciate that (and with an adventurous palate) and also have the common interest of fishing.

Bloody hell...rambling again....shouldnt have opened the second bottle of Marlborough SB.
    cheers
    sandyd