Thread: Just remember folks, the green threat is still alive

Just remember folks, the green threat is still alive

Whilst everyone is going quiet on this topic, things are still moving forward on the green front. The AFFA's still exist, and the labour government is still licking green arse.

Now is the time we should be making noise, and a lot of it. There will be a state election next year, and we need to let our local MP's know how we feel. There may well be another federal election too, so dont let your federal members get away with anything either. We cant just wait till the election to make noise, we need to make noise all the time.

Dont sit back and do nothing, stay active and get involved. Wether it be sunfish, ecofishers or recfish or whatever, get involved, do your part. We all want the same outcomes.

Dont let the greens (be that the labour party or the green party) screw your recreational activities.

Re: Just remember folks, the green threat is still alive

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    . The AFFA's still exist, and the labour government is still licking green arse.
    Dead right there Andy. Just last week the greens called for a conscience vote on gay marraige. The labour party agreed to it not more than 24hrs after saying gay marraige is against the parties' core values.

Im not making a statement one way or the other on gay marraige but this demonstration of 'green arse liking' certainly rang bells with me. If they are prepared to accomodate the greens on something against their core values (wonder if that is like a core promise??) what chance they will do likewise on fishing interests?

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Just last week the greens called for a conscience vote on gay marraige. The labour party agreed to it not more than 24hrs after saying gay marraige is against the parties' core values.
    Is that true?

Passed a bill with a couple 'unparliamentary' wording changes that required divisions to allow or something so our halfwit political members may discuss with their constituents the idea of gay marriage.

Never been more ashamed to be Australian...and not for the easy uber PC reason either.

Too true Andy !

I've been keeping an eye on several Facebook "Green" orientated groups and they are very active !

SA and WA fisheries seem to be in there sights at the moment and the Coral Sea is not far from their radar.

Damo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Is that true?
    Look not 100% sure if conscience vote was the exact phrase used but Im pretty sure it was.
    Info from tripleJ news

Ok just had a search and came up with this- hope the link works.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1225954388790

Check out paragraph 5-
    Momentum is gathering in Labor ranks for a conscience vote on the issue with one MP, Stephen Jones, using a parliamentary debate last night to flag his support for same-sex marriage in defiance of official Labor policy.

And this-

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...116-17utw.html

'On Tuesday, the Labor caucus agreed to support the amended motion, for parliamentarians to gauge their constituents' views "on ways to achieve equal treatment for same sex couples, including marriage"

I might sound like a weirdo here but what's the problem with gay marriage?
    Each their own I reckon as long as you leave me out of it....except you should be staying away from sheep (unless your from EN ZED).
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Not the gay marraige I take issue with (I share your view Finga) rather the willingness of our government to bend to the greens will against their own party policy. This was just a recent example.

BTW the sheep are safe, it's the dogs that need to keep an eye out after the NRL's latest promotional video. ;-P

only canberra dogs need worry cam ............

Though I doubt many pollies realy listen to their constituents, I can't see a prob with elected members going back and seeking the views of their electorate on this or any subject then reporting the results back to Parliament. Why would the Libs vote against asking the people what their opinions are?
    In fact I wish they'd ask us all the time, esp in relation to green zones and other anti angler laws , but I can't see that happening any time soon.

I've got nothing against gay marriage, live and let live, I detest the way the Greens want to inflict their anti fishing ideologies upon me and effect my way of life, so I recon it'd be hypocritical of me to push any beliefs I had on to gay couples (consenting adults).

That reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once, "I support gay marriage, as long as both chicks are hot!" It did make me laugh though.

Sorry to digress Andy

Cheers

funny the head of the greens is one of those queer steers

You also forgot...the Liberals also want green votes too, never trust a politician, I never have and never will.

Libs clearly stated this during a Kerry O'Brien interview, don't ask me which one as all politicans are the same