Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brissy Jew and snap

Brissy Jew and snap

Fished the river last night for a couple of hours on the outgoing tide. Bloody windy and rough stuff had me on the foot pedal for the leccy 95% of the time.

Found some likeley looking shows (when the transducer was in the water and not in the air) and managed to pull my biggest brissy river jew and snap . Both put up a great fight and the snap nearly won his freedom by wrapping my line around a pylon but a bit of persistence and steady pressure had him back out in the open and in the boat. Ben

Re: Brissy Jew and snap

nice one blooey, what size did the jew go, he looks like a good one.cheers BK

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Ta mate he went 80 and the snap 50. Ben

A nice pair of fish, on bait?

Yeh nice going there Ben! We scored some jewies and squire around there last week on transams... What did you score them on??

Ta guys got them on rapala clackin rap 08's and for anyone interested the snap was full of pistol shrimp. Ben

Good one Blooey , was that northerly blowing straight up the river? Cheers Andrew

Nice jew blooey, i reckon this yr has produced more legals than the past 3 years, the threadies have been harder to find thou.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOEY View Post
    Ta guys got them on rapala clackin rap 08's and for anyone interested the snap was full of pistol shrimp. Ben
    Great catch!

Nice to know that the Clackin Rap is working here in the river. Did you upgrade the trebles?

Certainly was fishguts and creating quite a swell thanks for the tips mate!
    Brisbane boy , the last trip i did i got 6 just under jew no legals.
    genesis, no mate i like the scorpic hooks they have on them especially for threadies although they do bend a little. Ben

Nice one blooey! i was out too last night, the wind was very annoying ay. ended up with a mid size thready and a few squire, couldnt find any jew though. didn't see any other boats so you musta been hiding

cheers
    Dan

Great stuff mate some nice fish, would have been a bit windy all right.

Danners be buggered if i can find a thready at the moment only jew! Only saw 1 other boat trailer at the ramp at fisho's when i got back in so i'm guessing that was yours unless you were fishing further up river?
    Ta chief, got off the water at about low tide as my netman was tired but yeah was pretty ordinary. Ben
    Last edited by BLOOEY; 16-11-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Low tide not high tide

no mate I put in at colmslie and complete the drive in the boat.

same time last year i was able to sound out large aggregations of threadies around the mouth, grouped up for spawning

have not seen this behaviour this season- not sure if i should be worried or not, but it's an observation anyhow. have been a few getting around just not stacks of reports, they're not the most predictable fish in the world though would love to stick some gps trackers in

I wouldn't be worrying yet mate we've had some pretty extreme weather conditions this season.
    Have you accumulated enough info from your taggings to give you any idea?
    Ben