Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illegal crabber's boat crushed

Re: Illegal crabber's boat crushed

If only the same fate awaited the dreaded share-farmers and their boats.

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    surely seeing someone else legally out fishing in your boat and then having to save up for another one would be a pretty good deterrent?

i suspect that there was actually no government policy on how to legally sell it and use the proceeds for a good cause. ie. it was probably easier for them to just scrap it from a red tape point of view. would have been a nice donation to an SES unit though given the amount of rain we've been having lately.
    Paddles..they have some law regarding items used for illegal activities and also items from the proceeds. I bet Brett Stevens knows all about that now..a couple of 250k race cars got austioned and he has not been found guilty of anything yet.

Tim...if you set out to carry out what that person did you realise there is a risk of being caught..so having the boat destroyed..just a shrug of the shoulder and that is it.

the only problem i have with it is the boat should have been sold at a government auction to pay for wages and fuel to catch these low life,s

Wonder how much the Government would have made by selling the boat instead of just destroying it?

And the same with his oooops, no fishing licence required in Qld lol!
    Cheers, great story regardless!

I don't know the QLD laws but have been told the car hoon laws in NSW where they confiscate your car they only crush it if it not viable to sell it, ie mods to car and sale value etc

sell the boat, car and trailer of repeat offenders I say and put proceeds to good use, only crush if not a viable saleable item

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    But if the deterrent value is no more than "hey, let's try this," says Anna, "It might work." then that is simply the destruction of money for the sake of PR, and that is unforgivable.
    Tim
    Tim you'll be excited to hear the cow was seen at a dinner recently eating her soup with the desert spoon. I recon her spin-doctors won't be able to keep that out of the papers for much longer.

they need to get up nundah creek and we might see a few more boats crushed!

haha i was at msq yesterday morning doing some training for tafe i saw the boat be pulled out of the shed to walk the green mile! i checked it out befor it got towed away pretty sneaky little hiding place he had.

did they flog off all of brett stevens' stuff pinhead? they woulda made a fortune out of all those toys

comment removed

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    What about the glamor ?.
    Yep, first thing I saw too !

Almost like an episode of Sea Patrol !
    Sunshine Coast - Kevlacat 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    did they flog off all of brett stevens' stuff pinhead? they woulda made a fortune out of all those toys
    several months ago it was listed as up for austion..just trying to think what he had..2 TD, 2 TB amd one or 2 alcohol funnies.

not sure what sold or not.