Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G dates etc.

Re: 2011 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G dates etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Tim you teach history as well......

Like you I am one of the true Aussies who's forbearers did not come out on a convict ship. My father’s side were on the first ship out of England and my mother side was on the first ship from Germany to settle in S Aust. We go back a long way, not sure of the date but Tim I know you will.
    You'd have been about 8 years earlier than us then! Our Great...Great Grandaddies probably met! I wonder if they fished together? And your Mother's side were Lutherans, I assume, who came out to escape persecution in Germany in the mid 19th Century or thereabouts (first in 1836 actually, in Kingscote). Did Mum's side grow wine?

See how much class we have, Bruce? It's really fun to brush shoulders with the great unwashed occasionally though. Jolly good, what?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Jolly good show. Lutherans, correct old boy...... I know that on dad side they owned all the land that is know Tea Tree Gully/ golden Grove, but somehow when it was all sold the money never came down through my fathers line. Such as life..............fu#k
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    My father’s side were on the first ship out of England and my mother side was on the first ship from Germany to settle in S Aust.
    Imagine you doing that voyage now......a berley trail from Liverpool to Adelaide!!
    Cheers,
    Chris

If I recall you got pretty green under the gills at 1770, smart arse (short term memory loss Chriseee boy)...
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

kind of funny when you think about, we have EFI outboards, EPIRB, VHF radio, Flares and god knows what else, and still need to check and double check the weather and so on, and that's just to do a fishing trip! these guys just set sail, with just skill and good luck to see them through! but that is slightly off topic, my fore fathers also came out (from France) on their own, they settled (from what we know) somewhere around the Pittwater/Hawkesbury river area. I still have a telescope made in the 1700's at home that has been handed down through the generations

Maybe you should pass that telescope onto Rhys.

- Darren

haha, it might be powerful enough to see a reef at about 20 yards.

I did Bruce.........but didn't spew!
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    OI TRANTER, it was 10 pound mate, not 10 dollars...And we flew over....Personally I would have preferred the boar trip.

Please Explane?

And sorry mate, I didn't realise you were old enough to remember Shillings and Pence

Rob T

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Pretty typical of the NSWelsh egocentric view of the World. My Family arrived in South Australia in 1842. My Great...Great Grandfather was Captain of the ship, and, as with ALL settlers in South Australia, he and his Family came of their own free will. He preceded this with an auspicious career in the British Navy, during which he was captured (and subsequently escaped) from the French, during the War of 1812.

So no, I do not agree that we all somehow were filtered through NSW. History is complex, fascinating, and perhaps a little too difficult for an "ex Farmer" - your words - to comprehend, but please, OH PLEASE don't go putting up that silly old Chestnut that I am somehow sullied by the same genetic/geographic sludge you clambered out of.

Let the Games begin. But I suppose they already have!

Tim

Tim

I hate to say this,

BUT

WHO GIVES A #### YOU POMPOUSE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN BASTARD

And if it's such a good State, Why arent you still there?

For the Record, My lot came here by choice as well, and thank #### for that, who would want to live in England, or South Australia for that

Rob the Proud NSWelshman T

I really do not care where you folks originated from, my only concern is whether you were born and bred the the Sunshine State. If you were not, that is your problem, that can by all accounts, be rectified.

Suitably endowed brown paperbags, submitted personally to any number of our great public servants or current standing MP's will win you favour.

Following that submission, you must partake of various acts of Queenslandism.

ask any qlder what they are.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    POMPOUSE
    Actually, it's spelt "pompous".

Thus proving my point, of course.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

No Timiboy even though you maybe right, your wrong in this instance, thats how New South Welshmen spell,

i actually thawt they spelt it .... PompARSE.. they have never progressed further than Hopawarty
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    I did Bruce.........but didn't spew!

Your right I did spew, but not the day you were green under the gills. That day we could have gone water skiing.

We will have to get out on the same boat, then we can burley up both sides at once. Now that will bring the fish on.

Sorry to break the discussion line Guys, I just paid our deposit for the house for next yrs M&G, holidays approved through work, so we will be there Friday 9th - Monday 19th Sep staying at Arthurs Park again between Agnes and the ramp, on the right just after Agnes Palms resort, 900mts from the servo. I'm excited allready. As you were gentleman.... Kev.