Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Convoy against Closures

Convoy against Closures

A convoy is being organised for Sunday the 1st of August in protest to the proposed marine park closures along the Fraser Coast.

The convoy will start at the Gympie Showgrounds at 8:30am and will finish at Clontarf Boat Ramp at approximately 11:00am.

Full details are here: http://email.nuovon.com.au/ch/8120/2.../fd5e9dpm2.pdf

Mods, can you sticky this pls.

Re: Convoy against Closures

TheRealAndy, a good thing to do but I reckon this should go further, like onto the streets of Brisbane and into State Parliament itself as opposed to just boat ramps. then thats only my view.

Cheers, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    TheRealAndy, a good thing to do but I reckon this should go further, like onto the streets of Brisbane and into State Parliament itself as opposed to just boat ramps. then thats only my view.

Cheers, Peter

I am not organising this one Peter, not sure who is. I found it in the latest Marine Queensland newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I am not organising this one Peter, not sure who is. I found it in the latest Marine Queensland newsletter.

I'm pretty sure that this is being organised by the Rainbow Beach chamber of commerce, While it would be good to get boaties from Brisbane and the Gold Coast to drive up and attend maybe it would be just as good to organise groups from the Gold Coast and maybe out west of Brisbane to converge and meet up with the one from Gympie. I think Steve (Apollo) may have contact details for the group.

Mark

Good luck guys and gals from NSW, it will surely be our turn before too long.
    Good on ya's for getting up and having a go against the green fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post

Cheers, Peter
    will you be there Bondy ???

whether to Clontarf or into Brisbane?

that's the river to mud weekend isn't it ???

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    that's the river to mud weekend isn't it ???
    Yep.
    I've been in a couple of these now.
    I would really think about going in another as they seem to be very badly organised in respects to route and what happens once your there.
    The traffic lights stuffed up the conveys very quickly so I hope somebody can organise someone to be at the lights to allow the convey to remain a convey.

It's all and good to say...have a convey as a protest but the logistics would be nothing short of a nightmare...especially through Brisbane CBD.

I do hope it goes to plan though.

What about a quite boat only protest where everyone anchors up in the river near riverside express way??
    Good vantage points for the media from lots of angles and if the right day is selected then there would be a lot of the general public about
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

no point going to State Parliament as it is the Feds doing this one.

I've got no way of getting my boat up there, but would it be worth going along to Gympie showgrounds or the boat ramp anyway?

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Yep.
    I've been in a couple of these now.
    I would really think about going in another as they seem to be very badly organised in respects to route and what happens once your there.
    The traffic lights stuffed up the conveys very quickly so I hope somebody can organise someone to be at the lights to allow the convey to remain a convey.

It's all and good to say...have a convey as a protest but the logistics would be nothing short of a nightmare...especially through Brisbane CBD.

I do hope it goes to plan though.

What about a quite boat only protest where everyone anchors up in the river near riverside express way??
    Good vantage points for the media from lots of angles and if the right day is selected then there would be a lot of the general public about
    How about we all just sit on our arses and watch the greens shut down our fishing grounds?

Seems everyone has great ideas, and everyone critisises what the organisers do, but then no one joins in or helps but feels they have the right to complain about what the organisers do. Then on top of that everyone whines when they cant go fishing.

Suck it up people, because its not the organisers who are to blame, its you who are not willing to participate.

will you be there Bondy ???

whether to Clontarf or into Brisbane?
    Pinhead I'll be there unless I get called . (I'm on call)

no point going to State Parliament as it is the Feds doing this one.
    Pinhead, yeah but the States have to enforce the Feds rule by way of arrangement...Theres no Federal Fisheries Inspectors its all done by State Govt Fisheries and Marine Parks mob via certified agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    How about we all just sit on our arses and watch the greens shut down our fishing grounds?

Seems everyone has great ideas, and everyone critisises what the organisers do, but then no one joins in or helps but feels they have the right to complain about what the organisers do. Then on top of that everyone whines when they cant go fishing.

Suck it up people, because its not the organisers who are to blame, its you who are not willing to participate.
    All too true Andy.
    But reality was reality.
    The conveys have been broken up by traffic lights etc in the past and the whole exercise lost a lot of impact because of this and this problem should be addressed.
    Constructive criticism can be used as a tool to make future ventures more successful.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I have emailed the organisor for more details and will post it once received. The fellow who is organising htis is the same who organised the convoy on rainbow beach protesting the proposed fees for driving on the beach.

Steve