Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Convoy against Closures

Re: Convoy against Closures

Good to meet you Greg and Foxy. I'd have to agree about the disapointing turn out but like you say above, the message was well conveyed on both the 7 & 9 new's. They even showed my old tub on each channel. Now my missus believe's that I wasn't visiting a girl friend!?!?lol...As someone who hasn't fished the Cooloola coast much at all it still p#sses me off that my choice to do so will be taken away. Congrats to everyone that was able to attend.

Cheers....Terry.....

Likewise Terry nice to meet you mate and it's blokes like yourself who have had very little to do with the cooloola coast that we can't thank enough for supporting and taking the time to attend.

Greg

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congrats to all for your great effort today,making such effort and showing the gov they are neglecting real fairdinkum ausies,who care about the freedom and the future for our children,i wanted to join you all today.but was unable well done again.
    and cheers to you all Hilly

a couple of pics including yours and foxy's Greg

Hi all i am a long time follower of this forum ,I am a local redcliffe rec fisherman with 2 very keen boys who love there fishing ,I found out about this rally from this forum and attended today ,There has not been much media coverage on these proposals so after listening today i know where my vote will be going , and the message will be spread to my family and friends .

Thanks for the organisers of the rally and for this forum to keep us informed.

Geggy

Quote Originally Posted by goat boy View Post
    Well it's all over and done now. I must say I was surprised to turn up at Gypmie showground just after 730 this morning and wondered if I was in the right place. More people turned up closer to the step-off time, maybe 30 or so vehicles left from Gympie. I counted about half dozen or so join-ins on the way. The turn out at Clontarf was pretty poor, actually it bordered on the embarassing. Though once again, I'm not sure if word got out to a lot of people. I find it interesting the amount of views these threads have had and the responses posted vs the actual fronting up.
    Congrats to the organisers for giving it a go and I'm glad to have been a part in it (figuring it's the least I can do).
    Here's hoping rec-fishers turn up to the polls on D day.
    I was there at 7.30, I was the guy sleeping in the navara! Sorry folks, I was a bit unsociable, worked till 12.30 last night, then up at 5 and still had no sleep. Good day though, better numbers than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I was there at 7.30, I was the guy sleeping in the navara! Sorry folks, I was a bit unsociable, worked till 12.30 last night, then up at 5 and still had no sleep. Good day though, better numbers than I expected.

Thanks for your big effort mate

hi guys i was also dissapointed that i didnt see some big name marine business company representitives getting involved to get the message across, as i am only a small business in the marine industry and i thought it was of great importance to attend for my future, i was assuming there would be boat builders/tackle shop owners/rod manufacturers/outboard dealers/etc etc, especially local charter operators?? there were a few but the rest were out fishing. i dont think the message is out and clear enough yet, most people i have spoken to havent heard about whats going on??? please keep telling everyone you meet. we enjoyed the convoy, thanks. cheers jim

Forgot to thank the MBBC Game Fishing section for the sausage sizzle.Great snags. Thanks guys.
    Cheers
    Stue

Channel 9 new here: http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/...w-bans/x0wxope

Bob Brown makes me very angry...

I'd just like to point out what Martin Bowerman said today.
    We must all stand together.
    No more divide and conquer.
    That includes everyone involved in the wonderful world of fishing and seafood.
    Its time for us all to work together.

cheers
    Stue
    Last edited by Blueroo; 01-08-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: grammar

It's great to see our northern counterparts traveling so far to bring the message to a bigger audience. A big thumbs up for that.

Joining in at the Dohles rocks highway entry I was stunned to be let in up front. Thanks for the privilege there. I hope not too many got lost at the deagon deviation turn.

I was a bit disappointed to see so few boats from local Ausfish members. I'm thinking you couldn't give up a good days fishing for the future of the sport.

I nearly let apathy get the better of me and not bring the boat but I am glad I resisted that easy option.

I thought most words from speakers were wise and to the point and thanks for their turnout.

It is still up to all of us to be vocal to all our contacts to help the message spread and hopefully go forward. Just not Gillards forward.

Cheers
    Chris

hey angla its a small world that was me who let you in, good to see ya there.
    cheers jim

Quote Originally Posted by captain rednut View Post
    hi guys i was also dissapointed that i didnt see some big name marine business company representitives getting involved to get the message across, as i am only a small business in the marine industry and i thought it was of great importance to attend for my future, i was assuming there would be boat builders/tackle shop owners/rod manufacturers/outboard dealers/etc etc, especially local charter operators?? there were a few but the rest were out fishing. i dont think the message is out and clear enough yet, most people i have spoken to havent heard about whats going on??? please keep telling everyone you meet. we enjoyed the convoy, thanks. cheers jim
    There is some big name business who are supporting the movement, however none were there today.

This fired me up a bit today and remotivated me. I am so tired now I cant think straight but I am pumped. Gents we need help, we need someone to takeover the role of secretary of ECOFishers. I cant do it anymore with my company cause I just dont have the time. I am still happy to do as much work as I can, but I just dont have time for the formal still like minutes and organising meetings and stuff.

As for the big business thing. There is a large company keeping a keen eye on what is going on. I am going to follow them up over the next few weeks. Its about time they stopped watching and started doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    The convoy itself was great. I was about the 5th vehicle and I got a few good glimpses coming down the highway of everyone with their lights on, impressive. Lots of interest from those in the fast lane as well. It was good to see the blokes with their boats at various points waiting to join in. On reflection I wished I had my boat with me but I travelled up on Sat arvo and was worried about leaving it out overnight.
    To anyone reading this that did join in, especially those that had boats in tow, you all contributed to what I feel was a very good and much needed news piece this evening, good on you.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.