Thread: great wall x240

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: great wall x240

oh well they will be easy to crush at the end lol
    Hilly

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    C'mon Daisy the boys are only having a bit of fun,the OP has already stated back in post 21 that he had already purchased a vehicle so not much posted here in the last few days is going to influence there purchase.

I reckon its great the fact that both Scott and Hoon agree on a gearbox and all we need now is a consensus on the rest of the drivetrain and a body.color and badge and we will have a vehicle they will both love,surely that has to be our objective.Perhaps we could even have a town hall style meet and greet between the two in the hope of finding some common ground.

Steeler
    Fair enough. Go at it boys but keep the punches above the radiator.

Daisy

I have been reserching the great wall suv x240 and it is a good unit.

It has a toyota 4 runner chassis. Who would figue a toyota chassis.

I just found out that there is a 2 litre turbo diesel now available with a 6 speed manual gearbox and an auto is coming out. I know we all love the 2 litre turbo diesel for towing our toys.

I think that this will shake up the 4x4 market as I have been looking for some time and if I had $30000-$40000 I would buy the hilux but even a good old hilux with over 200000kms on the clock will set me back around $16000. There are greatwalls on carsales.com now with about 25000kms 2010 models for $17000 which for the family man I think that is great value.

I only just reserched that greatwall in brisbane has the new x200 diesel turbo greatwall suv. It will be a great car for getting away, towing the boat and going to fraser or DI for that trip away and will be competitive with parodo, nissans and the toyota greats.

I know a couple of people I work with who have the petro x240 greatwalls and they are happy with them. I have a Honda CRV 2000 sports and love it but it is just that little bit to small for camping with my girls and it is not recommended to travel up to fraser in a honda crv as it is all wheel drive. The honda crv is a great car and I have had no probs with it. Heck I do the servicing on it myself with the guidance from my local Caloundra honda dealer which they are happy to help. I'm looking forward to having a drive in the Great wall x200 turbo diesel and I'm not worried about the resale valve because lets face it if you go to sell your car it is not going to be worth much anyway.
    Last edited by Wax_head; 13-10-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: facts

I saw one brand new one up at Fraser Is on the Sept school holidays. It was on the back of a tow truck......... In fact, it was the only vehicle I saw being towed off the island (which was pretty bad considering the amount of soft roaders on the low tide beaches up there)

If you want a good, cheap, reliable new 4wd - go the Suzuki. Go a Vitara if you need something to tow a boat (diesel?), bit more expensive but at least the brand is trustworthy. With a few mods they make reasonable off road vehicles as well (in fact the Jimny is near unstoppable). Admit its not as versitile as a ute - but in terms of value, and reliability you can't knock them. Alternatively the Navara Str has had few problems and is also good value.

Let some other poor bugger test the Chinese vehicles out first. Personally I'd wait a few more years before buying one. So what if they are a bit dearer then, they are dirt cheap now so how much dearer will they be?

For the record - I drive a Pajero. Owned a Hilux (great vehicle), a Navara StR, and now the Paj thanks to child #3.

Geez there's a lot of Great Walls getting around in Townsville. Must be ok. Btw, I've seen cruisers, discos, jimnys, pajeros, ravs, klugers......bogged at Fraser. I didn't get my BT50 bogged. It's the BEST FOURBIE EVER!!!!

New turbo diesel now available, auto diesel coming soon, I think they said mid 2012 for the auto's.

As previous post have said go to the dealer and test drive also there is a site for great wall owners with real driving experience to offer.

G'day

May not be of much help, however there's heaps in South America, especially Chile and Peru. Seem to be quite popular there.

Dave

Wax_head.... let me know how you get on... I'm in Caloundra too and was going to go take a couple for a test drive today.
    Everyone seems to forget that at the end of the day, any brand spankers car you get is going to devalue as soon as you drive off the lot. I could buy a brand new great wall tomorrow, for 23k. IF (big if) I had 50k to spend, then yes, I may be in the market for something more "upmarket", or, I may just spend the change on getting a new boat. It all comes down to what you are going to use it for, and value for money. If 23k gets me a brand new car with a 3 year NEW CAR warranty (not one of those aftermarket piles of carp) and I get three years out of it and lose 10k in the process then so be it. That's not such a bad devaluation, especially compared to the upper end of the market.
    Plus the leather interior is standard..... means I can get fish guts and bait wherever I want...