Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: great wall x240

Re: great wall x240

I really need to add something to this post guys as I am a Great Wall Dealer.
    Firstly there are a few misquotes here.
    1) They are not copies of other vehicles as such but they are built under license. IE the motor IS a Mitsubishi motor and it even has Mitsubishi stamped on the rocker cover and it is built under license by Great Wall. The other bits are made from discarded and unused moulds etc from other manufacturers.
    2) The motor is not a lancer motor. It is in fact the original EFI motor from the Triton. Hence NO COMPUTER as such.
    3) The diesel will be released before the years end as will the automatic.
    4) TOYOTA ARE NOT the worlds leading manufacturer. Cheri car company of China is apparently and they are the next ones to be coming to Australia early in the new year. Cheri outsell Toyota already and they just deal in their domestic market. I got this info from the importer.
    5) Bloody good car so far after their first year on the market. 2 recalls so far but minor things. Handbrake and seatbelt.
    Cant wait for the diesels to get here.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    I really need to add something to this post guys as I am a Great Wall Dealer.
    Firstly there are a few misquotes here.
    1) They are not copies of other vehicles as such but they are built under license. IE the motor IS a Mitsubishi motor and it even has Mitsubishi stamped on the rocker cover and it is built under license by Great Wall. The other bits are made from discarded and unused moulds etc from other manufacturers.
    2) The motor is not a lancer motor. It is in fact the original EFI motor from the Triton. Hence NO COMPUTER as such.
    3) The diesel will be released before the years end as will the automatic.
    4) TOYOTA ARE NOT the worlds leading manufacturer. Cheri car company of China is apparently and they are the next ones to be coming to Australia early in the new year. Cheri outsell Toyota already and they just deal in their domestic market. I got this info from the importer.
    5) Bloody good car so far after their first year on the market. 2 recalls so far but minor things. Handbrake and seatbelt.
    Toyota are the worlds biggest car manufacturer !!!!

I don't know where you got your figures from but Chery are not the worlds largest car maker and by a long shot . Toyota made more cars than any other company in 2009, Chery are long way down with some 650,000 vehicles.
    Toyota overtook GM as the worlds largest car maker a couple years ago with around 9 mil vehicles in 2008. Before that GM was the biggest for the last 70 years!!

In China they produced just over 10 mil in 2009 but that includes all vehicles made in China by all manufacturers, local and foreign.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    I really need to add something to this post guys as I .
    The seatbelt failed completely when it was sent for testing
    reports from that test suggested that even though the airbag deployed the dummy sustained head injuries that would more then likely be fatal as it's head still came in contact with the windscreen

A complete seatbelt failure is hardly a "Minor thing"

My family's safety is worth a shit load more than the $20,000 saving on a Great Wally
    If You Can't Run With The Dogs....... Stay On The Porch

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
    The seatbelt failed completely when it was sent for testing
    reports from that test suggested that even though the airbag deployed the bummy sustained head injuries that would more then likely be fatal as it's head still came in contact with the windscreen

A complete seatbelt failure is hardly a "Minor thing"

My family's safety is worth a shit load more than the $20,000 saving on a Great Wally
    So as long as the seatbelt works then you don't need brakes to ensure your families safety eh??
    What was that recall with Toyota?? Something about brakes not working and cruise controls not turning off??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Thats only the shortlist Finga

Many manufacturers had seat belt recalls about 10yrs ago,i remember my GQ being subject to one.

I too don't mind the X240 and have seen quite a few out and about down here let alone all the utes they really do seem to be getting a following.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i would like to see a great wall after 500.000klms and 20 yrs like my toyota
    hilly

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    i would like to see a great wall after 500.000klms and 20 yrs like my toyota
    hilly
    That's nearly what they said when Toyota came to Australia to help with the Snowy Mountain Scheme.
    Only it was "i would like to see a Toyota after 500.000klms and 20 yrs like my Landrover"

And they said that about all the Japanese manufacturers in the late sixties/early seventies.

This would have to be one of the worst places to post that you are going to by a car of any sort.
    It dose not matter what brand everyone bags them for one reason or another.
    I have bought several vehicles over the years of different makes and they have all served me well for the purpose i bought them for.
    My opinion to any car buyers family or 4x4 is buy what your heart tells you as you will be happier than listening to most of the sh!t that gets posted here.
    As i have said in the past i do not care how you reply
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post
    This would have to be one of the worst places to post that you are going to by a car of any sort.
    I have bought several vehicles over the years of different makes and they have all served me well for the purpose i bought them for.
    My opinion to any car buyers family or 4x4 is buy what your heart tells you as you will be happier than listening to most of the sh!t that gets posted here.
    Graeme
    Yep Yep & Yep

Apples to apples
    Oranges to oranges

Certainly helps to keep things in perspective and if people wish to consider these Chinese made vehicles because it allows them to purchase new and not have to worry about having to put there hand in there own own pocket for the duration of manufacturers warranty then good on em and hope they get great run out of them.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post
    Graeme
    If people buy a vehicle just because of the badge well they deserve to be rudely awakened.
    Every car manufacturer has had really horrible cars and just freaks of nature cars.
    Ford had the F100 (early ones unbreakable) and they also had the Fiesta and early Cortina.
    Holden had the H series Holden 1 tonner (legendary. The bench mark every one else tried to emulate) and the Camira
    Toyota has the Hilux and the Paeso
    Nissan had the 180B and the Pintara
    Mazda, well enough said.
    VW had the early bug and the Passat
    All manufacturers make good and bad models. Your choice should be model, and even year dependent, not maker dependent.

These Great Walls might be a freak of nature. Who knows??
    People are sceptical because they're made in China.
    Are all the components in the Toyota made in Japan??

People are sceptical because they're made in China.
    Are all the components in the Toyota made in Japan??
    [/quote]

Not many Toyotas sold in Australia are made in Japan these days .

One that comes to mind is the Landcruiser , Lexus sold here is made in Japan too.
    Hilux , Corolla etc.. are all made in Thailand .

I want to point out one main difference between the Japs of say 50 years ago and the Chinese . The Japs don't lie the Chinese well ... we all know ..... How many Chinese wheels have you seen around with well known brand names on them !!!!
    You tell a Chinese manufacturer what you want , the name you want on the product and he will do just that...

Another thing to consider when the landcruisers were brought here in the 50's they were more advanced than the old Rovers , the current GW 's are about 10 years behind the current breed of Jap brands.

I want to point out one main difference between the Japs of say 50 years ago and the Chinese . The Japs don't lie the Chinese well ... we all know ..... How many Chinese wheels have you seen around with well known brand names on them !!!!
    [/quote]

WRX - we have argued about Toyota and Land Rover to the point where its boring, so that is not what I am on about again (with my 95 Disco going over 300,000 on all original drive train and my 02 over 165k the same . To say that Toyota do not lie might be a little misleading. If you look at the FJ Cruiser forum - FJCRUISER.COM in the US since 1997 the FJ has had major and widespread dramas with cracking bodies. They have major front end cracks in the front and side panels. Most of the vehicles with the cracks are unmodified. There percentage of owners on that forum that have cracked cars is staggering. Toyota have, until VERY recently, refused to admit there is a problem. These are vehicles made to go off road and have locking rear diff option - if you look at the Toyo US site they are marketed as a tough 4wd and look like a baby hummer of sorts. They are coming to Australia in the first quarter of 2011.

Toyo have finally (and not as openly as might be liked) admitted fault. They said that the 2010 ones are resolved with strengthening however it appears now on that forum that the 2010 ones can crack also. This is a vehicle that might be nice with a prado diesel in it, if you can get past the IFS (which personally I find very hard to do coming from solid axles). However no vehicle should crack. Its deplorable frankly. I might have had the odd electric window regulator failure over the years in my LR's but never cracks and apart from the 100 series IFS issues (cracks) early on I am not aware of suspension of chassis cracks in LC's either. What this shows is that Toyota are up there with the best of them in covering up. It was said that they also covered up the braking issues for some time also.

Personally, having friends who are Chinese and friends who are Japanese I cannot vouch for you view (stated previously) as a generalisation that the Chinese lie and the Japanese dont.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i bought a pair of undies once they said made in china the first wash and all the cotton came out,no china for me guys.
    cheers Hilly

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    i bought a pair of undies once they said made in china the first wash and all the cotton came out,no china for me guys.
    cheers Hilly

I love it.

Cheers

PS. Its well known that the Japanese y-fronts are a better build than the Chinese...
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Where do you get your undies Glynn??
    Or do you do commando??