Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Park for North Stradbroke

Re: National Park for North Stradbroke

From the redland times -

The Quandamooka People have made two applications to the Federal Court of Australia seeking recognition of their native
    title rights and interests under the Native Title Act.

http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/cl...l/13630277.pdf

How does a ILUA affect the "non indigenous" population?
    Can they deny access to anything? Charge for use?

Have a look at the map, Large area of water being claimed and green zone areas. Can indigenous people fish in green zones if they get the claim?

A toll for South Passage Bar?

After all, it seems everything's for sale from some Aborigines. Give them land rights, then buy them back. There's a religion for you.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

This is all a load of political crap. When are the mainstream press going to realise that shutting down the sand mines and creating so called "Green Jobs" are not mutually exclusive. If they want ECO Tourism they don't need to shut down the mines and the millions in the economy to achieve it. There is no reason that they can put strict regulations on the companies to return the environment back to how it was (probably already in place). So unless they are poisoning the people/water/what ever then let them be and concentrate on the Eco stuff at the same time. Thats the biggest problem with ALP in Australia wide. They need to realise that you don't need to kills jobs in order to create others (Carbon Tax)
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

i would imagine that the only way these areas can be properly administered and managed would be to simply make them national park. the local councils would struggle to find the resources to properly do the job. for example i reckon that both bribie and moreton islands seem to be managed quite competently by DERM. moreton is a bit expensive to access with a vehicle now though.

as for the mine, well i think the only people "qualified" to have an opinion are the people directly affected by it be shut down. i was always of the opinion that CRL was pretty full on with their rehab and basically restored their areas back to original at great expense. like has been said, the mine has pretty much brought all the infrastructure to the island.