Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your inventions...

Re: Your inventions...

Quote Originally Posted by jason p View Post
    it gave me the shts filling the gear box oil with those squirty bottles, as i would have to do it 3 or 4 times just to get a Lt + in there, and then i would of spilt another 100 or so mm on the ground.

not rocket science but it is a useful tool.
    Attachment 73119

Attachment 73120

now theres more time to have a coldie.

jp
    u could have just placed 6mm hose in to the bottom drain plug holding the other end higher than thee gear box u simply connect the squeeze bottle to the hose and fill her up

yep could have done that, could of also bought an oil pump for an over inflated price, im sure there are other ways too, but this is very quick inexpensive, low mess and reliable way. just one way to skin a rabbit and effective.

jp

Jason how do you reg the pressure in the can so it dont blow the top off it???

hey wayno60, yes thats a good point. all compressors have some sort of adjustable regulator, i turned it right down at the start and slowly wound it out utill i got the oil pouring out at the desired speed/volume and left it set at that, then just used the valve/tap to turn on or off. the plastic tube goes down to the bottom of the tin to ensure that your not picking up air. worked a treat. and its ready for use in 6 -12 months time. within 5 to 10 min i had the box drained and filled ready to go, and with minimal spillage.

jp

nice.........

For a pressure vessel you can also use a 1.25 L plastic coke bottle they will hold 65 PSI safely, and you can then watch the contents flowing out.

Cheers
    A marriage licence should be like your fishing licence!
    Expires every year and you get a 3 day pass when you go interstate.

A modified 20mm PVC conduit saddle ---> clip to hold radio aerial while folded down.
    IMG_0056_opt.jpg
    I had to change the canopy stud to a longer one to allow for the extra thickness of the saddle.

Picture 186.jpgPicture 187.jpg

Not really an invention but just a creature comfort, when the ol girl pulls in the anchor she complained that the leading edge of the front of the front covered area cuts into her legs and i must admit when shes not in the boat i use it to lean back on when the jacks arnt playing the game, it does get a bit sore on the back so i glued a noodle across the front. Tomorrow when it dry's ill take the tape off and see how it go's.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Picture 186.jpgPicture 187.jpg

Not really an invention but just a creature comfort, when the ol girl pulls in the anchor she complained that the leading edge of the front of the front covered area cuts into her legs and i must admit when shes not in the boat i use it to lean back on when the jacks arnt playing the game, it does get a bit sore on the back so i glued a noodle across the front. Tomorrow when it dry's ill take the tape off and see how it go's.
    That's called using your noodle.

hehe...

ok so its stuck down well but have learnt not to use masking tape on the foam . when i peeled it off it took the top shiny layer off the noodle.

Picture 192.jpg

still better then it was...

So now you can go noodling for jacks!!

Might be a bit of CANOODLING going on

its not a canoe, its a tinnie

Hi Guys, I have an invention but not 100% on the best way to go about it so hoping for some advice.

I have a 4.5m open boat (tiller steer) that has short bow rails on the fore deck (approx 200mm high) and 100mm high rails on the gun whales at the rear. My idea is to build a lockable hardtop for the boat for weather protection and security when the boat is parked up on the trailer. That way I could leave most of my non expensive gear in there between fishing trips.

The hardtop would sit on the rails and need to be approx 4m x 1.9m and I want a slight curve in it for rain run off and it it will need to extend say 50mm over the sides of the boat for the water to run off properly. To lock it down I am planning on having some brackets that are fixed to the hardtop that slip onto the rails and then padlock each corner under the rails or maybe just two corners.

What do you think the best thing to construct this from would be? 3mm (or maybe 2mm) ally would be perfect and match the unpainted boat but might be a bit heavy to take on and off by myself so I was thinking maybe plywood with fibreglass coating then painted or something in fibreglass only. Can you purchase pre made fibreglass sheet or something similar anywhere? Any suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Linedropper View Post
    Hi Guys, I have an invention but not 100% on the best way to go about it so hoping for some advice.

I have a 4.5m open boat (tiller steer) that has short bow rails on the fore deck (approx 200mm high) and 100mm high rails on the gun whales at the rear. My idea is to build a lockable hardtop for the boat for weather protection and security when the boat is parked up on the trailer. That way I could leave most of my non expensive gear in there between fishing trips.

The hardtop would sit on the rails and need to be approx 4m x 1.9m and I want a slight curve in it for rain run off and it it will need to extend say 50mm over the sides of the boat for the water to run off properly. To lock it down I am planning on having some brackets that are fixed to the hardtop that slip onto the rails and then padlock each corner under the rails or maybe just two corners.

What do you think the best thing to construct this from would be? 3mm (or maybe 2mm) ally would be perfect and match the unpainted boat but might be a bit heavy to take on and off by myself so I was thinking maybe plywood with fibreglass coating then painted or something in fibreglass only. Can you purchase pre made fibreglass sheet or something similar anywhere? Any suggestions welcome.
    G'day Linedropper .
    I'd be inclined to hunt around for an old lawn locker/shed arrangement. It would be easier to roll the boat into than lift a canopy onto it.