Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your inventions...

Re: Your inventions...

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Put some hair around that thing and everyone on the boat will want to use it.
    Grub. I'm telling...
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Cptn Rednut,triangular snags,you are an ideas man !.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Ken, used to do that but the chain rusted very quickly, any ideas on stopping that and I would go back to using it, just train my deckies to be better at handling the anchor these days
    Grease the chain up before putting tube on?

Ken, used to do that but the chain rusted very quickly, any ideas on stopping that and I would go back to using it, just train my deckies to be better at handling the anchor these days
    Use the plastic weaved cable protectors they use on outboard transom cables works a treat
    Regards Frank

hi all,
    this is NOT my invention. i have "borrowed" it from another ausfish member. unfortunately he didn't post in this forum - i think it was in estuary reports but i haven't been able to find it. i loved the idea as i am into "extended" trips and reckon this is a treat. he also did a nicer job than me butAttachment 68969 i am very happy with the result for a desk jockey. just one of those cheap butane cookers but the storage and ease of access is the clincher.

Attachment 68968
    hope its of use to someone else
    cheers
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    hi all,
    this is NOT my invention. i have "borrowed" it from another ausfish member. unfortunately he didn't post in this forum - i think it was in estuary reports but i haven't been able to find it. i loved the idea as i am into "extended" trips and reckon this is a treat. he also did a nicer job than me butAttachment 68969 i am very happy with the result for a desk jockey. just one of those cheap butane cookers but the storage and ease of access is the clincher.

Attachment 68968
    hope its of use to someone else
    cheers
    davo

Invalid link error?

buggered if i know why. they worked when i first posted but this has happened b4. dont think ausfish likes my phone. mate is bringing his camera over tonight. i will repost pictures over the weekend.

i dont know why they arent showing. they do in preview. i have viewed them by clicking on attachment but they seem to have a limited life span b4 becoming a broken link. unless someone can tell me what im doing wrong you will just have to use imagination!!

Where re you hosting the images - likely when you click that you are viewing the versions on your pc - others wont see them unless you host on an external site

Image0088.jpgImage0089.jpgImage0090.jpg
    thanks for your help mac64pc. have uploaded via photobucket. last pic is a $2 butt bucket from crazies with velcro glued down one side. sticks anywhere theres carpet.

davo

Very nice Finga, a very professional feel about it.
    Cheers

Stainless chain maybe?

i only just seen this thread heres my invention using a $15 video recording camera from ebay some PVC pipe with end caps and a perspex sheet for the window

i tested it in the video to 6 foot depth with no leaks i have since tested it to 35 foot it had a very minor slow leak with more refinement i could fix it properly it gets bolted to a downrigger weight or can be used as a troll cam

it gave me the shts filling the gear box oil with those squirty bottles, as i would have to do it 3 or 4 times just to get a Lt + in there, and then i would of spilt another 100 or so mm on the ground.

not rocket science but it is a useful tool.
    05 11 11 015.jpg

05 11 11 014.jpg

now theres more time to have a coldie.

jp