Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your inventions...

Re: Your inventions...

As mentioned earlier in the thread, plastic battery boxes do make great dry boxes......I made one up for the young BIL boat a few years ago.

you will need a couple of plastic hinges and one of those elastic tie down thingies that are used on some torneaus and other stuff.

to get it to work you have to rivet the hinge to the outside of the box from the outside and to the inside of the lid from the inside (you could use cs screws and nuts).
    rivet the elastic tie down to the lid and the knobby thing to the front..and you are almost done.

put some sticky tape over the vent holes at the to and silicon them up from inside...peel the tape off when finished.

now you can just screw it down wherever you like.

One final thing, throw a square of gutter guard in the bottom so if you do get any water in your stuff is not sitting in it.

Large BIL has had a pair of mec vapour gear housings screwed either side of his rear thwarts...these are the old cast ones....waterproof and lockable with a padlock.

Big brother makes up gunwal savers by splitting up 50mm polly pipe down the length......great for little boats.....takes some getting on.....leave it in the sun helps.

One of the single handiest things on a bloke's boat is a pissing pipe.
    Simply a 2 or 3 foot lenght of suitable diameter plastic pipe......saves falling overboard or dribbling in the boat...

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post

Simply a 2 or 3 foot lenght of suitable diameter plastic pipe......saves falling overboard or dribbling in the boat...

cheers
    Put some hair around that thing and everyone on the boat will want to use it.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I use a bicycle tube to cover my anker chain to keep it quiet when lowering the anker.
    Find it does not scare the fish as much.
    Also cheap as I get them from my local bike shop.
    You should get the mountain bike type as they are a larger tube diameter and a half dozen cable ties to hold it in place.

Ken

Ken, used to do that but the chain rusted very quickly, any ideas on stopping that and I would go back to using it, just train my deckies to be better at handling the anchor these days

Dig, Ive just done the tyre tube thing over ther chain and thinking about what you said i got a leather hole punch and punched a series of holes in the tube so the water can drain out easier and also dry out.

pimp my tinny.what a cracker finga.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post

cheers

Good idea.... I think I have some 90mm stormwater spare in the shed I can use

But for rubbish I found the reject shop have mini plastic wheelie bins for $10.00 and $15.00 with castors ( you can remove) depending on the size you want. I bought two of the bigger ones and use the 2nd as a "blood bin" because I don't have a kill tank. Despatch the hoo or mackeral in the bin, shut the lid and wrinse out later. But wait till they get more, they seem to have sold out (

The other thing I did was take the bung out of the mackeral esky and replace with an in line plastic flange fitting with the same thread. To that I attach plastic tubing and an in line tap. Buggar trying to empty ice water with fish in the esky when you get home. Too heavy for even two blokes to lift with a couple of hoo and snapper mixed in, so turn the tap, let the water drain into the bilge area and out the back of the boat via the bung, and lift the fish out of the boat one at a time via a bucket to the cleaning table. The esky then stays in the boat till its empty and wrinsed, and can be lifted out later.

Scalem

90mm stormwater
    ........lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Good idea.... I think I have some 90mm stormwater spare in the shed I can use

Scalem
    Scalem if you cant find it I have some 110 mm which would a more comfortable fit for you

I use bicycle headlamps attached to my bimini to light up my baitboard i have them on either side so i don't cast a shadow over what I am doing. I have also installed led light strips and a dimmer switch along the gunwales and this is great you can see my boat for miles with the light they give off. I am now looking for red and green leds for my nav lights. I am currently building a removable spotlight rack that i can turn the spotlights left to right and up and down for night trips.

B1965,
    ive seen them on prime movers... twist the handle and it moves the light left , right and push or pull for up and down....

Added a rod organiser to my rod locker after breaking a tip off one of my rods ( I was in a hurry to get out the bigger gear when a school of longtails busted up right near me).

Can now hold 10 rods and can easily light, medium and some heavy rods, as well as jigging rods.

Much cheaper to build then to modify something to make it fit.

IMAG0238.jpgIMAG0237.jpg

Cheers

Lee

once when i was really pissed i invented triangle shaped sausages so you only have to turn them three times, this concept allows more drinking time and a more relaxed bbq enviroment. eliminates standing there turning conventional sausages dozens of times. what do you all think??? oops its time for my medication, got to go.
    cheers cr

so are they shaped like a toblerone?....your strange jimmy

Well apart from having to only turn the snags three times they wont roll of the barbie plate.