Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your inventions...

Re: Your inventions...

I made a rechargable dolfin torch using a 6v battery from battery world.
    works a treat, And still floats.

i hate smart ares ppl like that.....thats to clever..

so jace, cmon spill the beans whats involved??

tell tail

after reading a few things on blown engines. I keep reading about the possible bag being sucked in, stopping water flow and killing the engine.
    Sure they all have the tell tail out back so one can see if water is running through the system..BUT
    What good is the tell tail out back where you CANT see it??
    I dont have my boat yet, but why not spend a few $$$ prob $20 at the most to run some hose up to the helm from the tell tail so you can see that water is running through the system??
    what ever boat i get i will be doing this with and having the water eject from just forward and below the eyeline, this will keep the water spraying back onto you and will just be a case of shifting your self just a bit so you can see

Re: tell tail

Quote Originally Posted by cgibbo308 View Post
    after reading a few things on blown engines. I keep reading about the possible bag being sucked in, stopping water flow and killing the engine.
    Sure they all have the tell tail out back so one can see if water is running through the system..BUT
    What good is the tell tail out back where you CANT see it??
    I dont have my boat yet, but why not spend a few $$$ prob $20 at the most to run some hose up to the helm from the tell tail so you can see that water is running through the system??
    what ever boat i get i will be doing this with and having the water eject from just forward and below the eyeline, this will keep the water spraying back onto you and will just be a case of shifting your self just a bit so you can see
    I suspect that after all the changes of direction and a couple of metres of hose the water flow will only be a dribble at best.
    A better solution would would be a water pressure gauge rigged up with an adjustable pressure switch rigged to a big bright light and a buzzer if you are that worried about it.

Pending on the size of the outlet why not get a small garden irragation fitting (elbow) and screw it in facing up wards so it squrts upwards like the jet ski's do..

There is a guy that fishes Bermagui in a Markham Cat has both tell tales tunred up, reckons they work as tuna attractors also while trolling.

Thy

I just whipped up a couple of these little storage buckets for the Hodad 2. Thanks to Ed (Deelight) for the tips!

They're great for putting your rigged pilchard or paternoster rig in while going back up to the top of your drift.

I used a heat gun to soften the PVC and open it up a bit. Otherwise it was too hard to get off when not required. It's still a snug fit, but I don't need a rest each time I take if off!

Jono SS

Screwed a piece of conduit end to the side of the bait board and it holds a fluro tube upright just nice and gives me light where I want it, some of the fluro tubes dont have a shield so a piece of duct tape along the length stops the the glare in the eyes. Done it to the big boat and the tinnie it is so effective.

Not my invention..but worth a mention.. Seats 4 on a day out or two on a night out.. Dude attached two rectangular boxes to floor which acts as storage and anchoring chairs in four seat mode. Using a simple hinge and a support on each end the seats fold out into beds for fishermen or kids that need a nana nap. Personally custom awesome.

I've got a pool noodle and cut it in half length wise then about 300mm long, Liquid nailed to the side of my canoe and boat. Used lures just hook into it to be washed at the end of the trip. It doesn't look AWESOME but it certainly does a job!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I have always struggled as to where I stick lures that are used and changed during a session. Obviously don't want to stick them back in the box untill they have been washed. My solution was weather sealing strip, bought for less than a $1 from clark rubber. Foam tape that has adhesive one side. Just cut to length and stick to relevant spots in boat where it won't get in the way. I have a couple in front of the console and a few down the back for the deckie. When lure is used, stick the hook/treble into the strip and they hold there. I leave mine there so it can be used later or even for the trip home so it can be washed with the boat and even dried there. Works a treat. Lures are stored, don't get tangled up or rattle around the floor to target toes. Mine is 18mths old and I haven't had to replace it yet.

Also excellent for flies used during a session too
    Steve, this stuff is also good to stop anything that rattles when you want stealth. I wrapped some around the padlock for the bow mount Minn Kota to stop it banging when it bounces and put some on the gunnells near the rod holders to stop the noise from rods/reels hitting the gunnels...

Did this nearly four years ago and have not had to replace it yet!

Regs

Pete

I glued a left over peice carpet from doing the casting deck and floor to the inside of the tinny too hold the lures that you are not using. I cut it to fit between the uprights so it looks nice and tidy.

Scott

I Use a pool noodle to fasten my made up rigs too, keeps them together and quick to return them when I do a change over, cost $6. fo a 1.5metre length so I've got one piece for wires and the other for mono. kind of copied it from the foam one that sells for $40.

Not an invention but something a knocked up one sat arvo..

Seen what a bus bar looked like so i made one my self...

Seen one of these on ebay for like $31.00 plus freight.

Had all the stuff in the shed and had it done in an hour.