Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your inventions...

Re: Your inventions...

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post

Im making a live bait tank out of one of the rear seats.
    there's only ever two ppl in the boat at any one time
    and its a waist of space.
    I had a similar setup to this on my old 18th Mustang. I cut the seat part out, and gained extra fishing space.

Finga, that is bloody amazing stuff fella!
    Love the concatena hatch, what a great idea and that bait board.........!
    Looks to be a VERY verstile rig
    Well done

Stubby Holders.
    Sick of spilling the corona on the pillies.
    Couldnt find the perfect place or hardware, Decided to modify a dual wine cooler heavy job from tallon marine ( way too wobbly in their holder due to its weight) .I had a stainless bracket made up locally ( Holt Marine ) and bolted it to the back of the bait board.
    Holds two stubbies in their coolers, or 600ml coke buddies .Doesnt fill up with crap either.
    possibly the most extravagant stubby holders I have ever seen but it was all a case of recycling and I was very happy with the result
    Brendan.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing View Post
    Stubby Holders.
    Sick of spilling the corona on the pillies.
    Couldnt find the perfect place or hardware, Decided to modify a dual wine cooler heavy job from tallon marine ( way too wobbly in their holder due to its weight) .I had a stainless bracket made up locally ( Holt Marine ) and bolted it to the back of the bait board.
    Holds two stubbies in their coolers, or 600ml coke buddies .Doesnt fill up with crap either.
    possibly the most extravagant stubby holders I have ever seen but it was all a case of recycling and I was very happy with the result
    Brendan.
    Have you got a model number for the holders????

I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!!
    If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular???

Quote Originally Posted by NTMID8 View Post
    Have you got a model number for the holders????

I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!!
    "stainless drink holder- pacific collection"
    http://www.tallonsystems.com/cms/ind...s/Entertaining
    Cheers
    Brendan

Just watch the clearance when lifting the outboard if you need to make a bracket like mine.
    I used 3 mm stainless as its pretty heavy

Cheers,

$199 though for a drink holder is a bit steep for me

I agree totally.
    I got it as part of a package of a whole lot of stuff at a boat show in sydney a couple of years ago and couldnt really use it in the way it was designed. I dont need to have two open wine bottles in my boat either. This way I made some use out of it.
    Brendan

Nice, i like the idea and will be keeping my eyes peeled for something very similar

I've got a 4.2 mt tinnie that had no gunnel to speak of and just invited anyone to fall out especially when watering the fish. I just added some home made riveted brackets to each frame and connected a timber gunnel to each side. Easy to make as long and wide as you want and easy to screw rod holders on top and anything you want underneath. A sliding car ashtray under each side for starters.

I like the idea of flushing my 2.3HP Evinrude on the tender / canal cruiser but I've got way too lazy to pull the motor off the boat to run it in a bucket of fresh.......

So I replaced the tell tale hose that used to run out and discharge down under the cowl with one that slopes down but now passes out the side of the motor cover and pokes out for 150mm or so.

Now I can see the pathic steam / smoke that discharges thu it at really slow revs and nice water stream that happens at a few more revs.

Most importantly and moving back to the main point of this story; I can now plug a fresh water bottle onto the end of the tell tale hose and give the engine a flush of fresh. The flow is squeezed from the bottle and flushes the engine and down to the prop while the motors turned off and still on the boat thats pulled up out of the drink.

Seems to work well and apart from a short bit of plastic hose and drilling a hole is super cheap as I did rescue the flush bottle from the recycling bin.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Before the water crisis, I had been in the habit of washing the brakes and underside of my boat trailer after each outing with a garden sprinkler for a few minutes.

This worked a treat albeit being able to push the sprinkler to the right spot under the trailer was sometimes a clumsy hit-and-miss affair.

However, during the worst of the water crisis, even though the boofhead water commissioner of the day felt that it was ok for her to build a swimming pool at her home at the worst time in the crisis, the rest of us were under very strict rules about using only hoses with trigger nozzles to wash the trailer brakes and to be as quick about it as possible.

I followed these rules to the letter and have no doubt that I never got as much salt out of the trailer and brakes as when I could use a sprinkler underneath.

In 2010, sprinklers are still not approved for use, but I reckon that if they were, something like what you see here would be just the ant's pants for washing under your boat trailer. With say two passes of the washer like you see in the video below, i reckon that it would do a much better job with much less use of water than trying to hose all of the trailer members and brakes with a trigger nozzle from various points outside of the trailer. Based on what the Youtube video timer tells us about how long it took to pull the washer gismo under the trailer, two passes, each one close to the opposite sides of the trailer would take just 2 1/2 minutes in total. A very efficient use of water, imho.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I am sure that the plumbers or landscapers would tell me that there are better and cheaper ways to do the plumbing on this washer but it works for me.

All materials obtainable from Bunnings. I already had a very long extension pole that screws into a paint roller or a paintbrush holder such as I have used on this tool but shorter rods with the screw fitting on the end connected to a broom or paint roller are probably already sitting in your garage.

I suspect that a single sprinkler on a short bit of tube, say 300 mm long might be a perfectly adequate solution and maybe three passes underneath with such might do the job perfectly well.

Originally, I intended just using hardwood skids rather than the wheels but I had the wheels sitting in my box of unused hardware bits and pieces and am pleased that I have used wheels. The contraption is very easy to manoeuvre under the trailer with wheels.

(PS Yes - I know that I need to replace the broken tail light. That is a job for this week. )

Good to see that you made it to comply with survey specs by using 2 ties and two screws!

I did similar but different in that I mounted black poly hose with sprinkler heads screwed into the hose ontothe trailer and it covers the entire trailer and brakes on the 4 wheels and the water goes thru an inline filter to keep the little nozzles clear. Hook it up to a trigger fitting and its all legal too. It was anyhow as you have to maintain brakes for roadworthy vehicle operation!

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    I did similar but different in that I mounted black poly hose with sprinkler heads screwed into the hose

Thanks. I had thought about using the sprinkler heads on black poly but was not sure how much pressure and water volume would come out of them. That would certainly be a more elegant solution.

I wanted a flood of water rather than a light sprinkle so I used the less elegant and more expensive option of conventional sprinkers and hose fittings.

Works for me, anyway.

Pity you didn't use black cable ties Charlie.
    Those aren't UV proof.

And seeing you such a good bloke I'll give you a great tradies secret.
    Trim the cable ties tags with a trimming knive flush to the squarish grippy bit of the cable tie. Doing it that way will not leave a dagger to catch you, stab you and then cut you causing the claret to pour profusely out of your body.

Other then that what a great idea.
    And the proof is in your trailer. If that's all the rust after 8 years been left in the weather then goodo I say
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Pity you didn't use black cable ties Charlie.
    Those aren't UV proof.
    True. I shall have to get some. Thanks for your advice.