Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your inventions...

Re: Your inventions...

Always wanted one and now with all the macks around and having found a nice piece of hard wood spun up this the other day....
    002.jpg

What am I looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Always wanted one and now with all the macks around and having found a nice piece of hard wood spun up this the other day....
    002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    What am I looking at?
    A bommy knocker.

cheech, never been mackeral fishing????

The first time you pull a metre plus onboard and it starts going balistic you'll wish you had one.

Ok well I have two firstly I don’t like my reels resting on the gunwales when in a normal rod holder especial now a lot of rods have a shorter butt so I made up four of these. They are stronger than I thought and have used them now for more than a year no problems.

Second launch and retrieve solo I have a good strong braided rope with a D shackle on one end, I attach the D shackle to the car tow bar where your safety chain attaches then I just sit it up over the V section of the plastic. When I drive on I just walk forward with the motor still running and reach the rope and tie it off at the anchor tie post the turn off the motor boat goes back about one foot hop out over the front and connect the winch and tighten and the job is done. Oh and no rope rubs on the paint work.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

I once used a dead lawn mower as a jockey wheel for a boat trailer that was missing it. Worked really well for maneuvering it in the yard. it just needed electric skid steer motors and a pendent controller.

copie, great idea the rod holders....ill be all over that tomorrow when I get home from work...

Sick of all the tools of the trade going rusty from being in the cutlery strainer that I had mounted under the bait board so made this up yesterday, also saves me going to the tackle box for hooks or lures , their now right under the bait board.001.jpg

005.jpg

finished product...

So here it is mounted. I had visions of me hitting the brakes on the way to the ramp and the draw sliding out so a bit of bungy cord did the job...

Today while rummaging around in the shed I remembered that I had tried to take a selfie in the boat but the camera wouldn't sit upright on the dash so I found this suction cap with a metal thread down the middle. Found a bolt that fitted and guess what the camera had the same thread. Cut the head off the bolt and screwed the two together...nice

Found these arm rest at work, so with the wind blowing like a bitch, and not planning on heading out tonight this arvo I made up some brackets and bolted them on .

001.jpg
    003.jpg

Whipped up an esky over the weekend. 112 lt, outside dia 50x50x80, inside 40x40x70

I had a spare roller bracket cover which I found many years ago and wondered what to do with it. I didn't like the way the jockey wheel grease nipple hit the frame work so thought I would put the cover to good use. Now it's not lying around in my shed anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The other night I dropped a few pots in and had trouble finding the floats. I had some stitch on reflective tape in the shed so I flattened one side of the float on the lathe to give the tape somewhere flat to stick to and works like a beaut in the dark..