Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hutchies Sat

Hutchies Sat

Planning an early assault on Hutchies on sat 22nd before the wind kicks in. Might have a spot for anyone who likes drifting with plastics and knife jigs. Live bait if I can pick any up near channel makers on the way out. Bait tanks are not plumbed fully ( might be dead baits the time I get there)

Leaving Scarby around 6 in the Yalta triple 5.

Let me know if any other skippers are going out too. This will be 1st time from Scarby to cape, but am told its easy enough with GPS.

Scalem

Re: Hutchies Sat

Spewin i can't make it Brian, i'm dying to catch a decent fish too :cry:

Good luck out there mate, hope you can get a decent deckie that knows how to catch fish :wink:

cheers tim :smiley:

I mite venture out to test my new knife jigs and soft plastics. TIM D you got house duties hey

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Spewin i can't make it Brian, i'm dying to catch a decent fish too :cry:

Good luck out there mate, hope you can get a decent deckie that knows how to catch fish :wink:

cheers tim :smiley:
    Nah Tim, I'm already busy testing a new boat ... :grin: :grin: at least Brian will get a break from those wretched Chilli chips you keep shoving down his neck!!! I'm busy too Brian, would loved to hit Hutchies ... I'm suffering from Vertigo too ... for some really strange reason.

Hope you get smashed up ...

Ta
    Matt

Hi Scalem, I will be doing an early run myself but out thru the seaway.

See what it's like either 36's or 24's.

Need a snapper fix real soon.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Spewin i can't make it Brian, i'm dying to catch a decent fish too

Good luck out there mate, hope you can get a decent deckie that knows how to catch fish

cheers tim
    Hi Tim,

You go through phases where family comes 1st, that's just how it is. Try not to be look at the trees which will be motionless with no wind early....:tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    I mite venture out to test my new knife jigs and soft plastics. TIM D you got house duties hey
    Let me know if you are out there.... Channel 21 or 90 on 27 meg

Quote Originally Posted by MattChew View Post
    Nah Tim, I'm already busy testing a new boat ... at least Brian will get a break from those wretched Chilli chips you keep shoving down his neck!!! I'm busy too Brian, would loved to hit Hutchies ... I'm suffering from Vertigo too ... for some really strange reason.

Hope you get smashed up ...

Ta
    Matt
    I am actually working toward having both of you out one day.... once the quiet winter mornings start settling in, south passage bar will be the go! The Chilli chips might have to go. Got any chilli grain waves?:shocked:

Quote Originally Posted by Timfishin4fun View Post
    Hi Scalem, I will be doing an early run myself but out thru the seaway.

See what it's like either 36's or 24's.

Need a snapper fix real soon.

Timbo
    Good luck Timbo

I'll be watching for a report if you get any Snapper. It's almost exactly 12 months since I caught some nice snapper where you are headed. You might do OK early.:wink:

Timddo- Not house duties mate, ive got to attend a family birthday so i would have to be home by 1pm.

Brian- Don't bring Matt along, he eats boring flavoured chips and fishes with $10 kmart combos.

Matt- If your keen to hit mud on saturday morning for a quick session from say 5am till 11am let me know, otherwas ill just stay at home and polish my 20 inch rim's.

cheers tim:smiley:

Hi Brian,
    Josh (Phantomboy) called me about the invite this morning and unfortunately I have a bloody cold. Conditions for Sat morning look very promising! Hope you have a great time and I will be looking forward to reading your post.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Haines620 Mu View Post
    Hi Brian,
    Josh (Phantomboy) called me about the invite this morning and unfortunately I have a bloody cold. Conditions for Sat morning look very promising! Hope you have a great time and I will be looking forward to reading your post.
    Must be a very bad cold you have John! But there is always a next time.
    I don't post much these days unless the catch is something spectacular. Always bring the camera but it seldom gets used. The people who have shown interest are totally new to the concept of knife jigging and plastics, so the thrill of seeing them locked onto a decent fish might bring out the video.

As I have said shown interest I don't know why they have not confirmed yet, so if anyone else sees this post, I still need a plan B.

Scalem

Hi Brian,
    you can get some good kingies, sambos and AJ's at Hutchies...hope the newbies have the right fishing gear...these fish will give them a good fight. If you decide to go after some livies, try the M5 and M7 beacons, there's been good numbers of yellowtail there lately.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Must be a very bad cold you have John! But there is always a next time.
    I don't post much these days unless the catch is something spectacular. Always bring the camera but it seldom gets used. The people who have shown interest are totally new to the concept of knife jigging and plastics, so the thrill of seeing them locked onto a decent fish might bring out the video.

As I have said shown interest I don't know why they have not confirmed yet, so if anyone else sees this post, I still need a plan B.

Scalem
    Plan B is to go Bay fishing, mud island or Prawning at the logan river.

Still going thru the seaway in the morn.

Tim
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

I was going to play with the South passage bar, but still going to Hutchies by myself if I have to.

Good luck all, time to put the boat on!!

Scalem

Watch out for the morning fog after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Watch out for the morning fog after the rain.
    Yes I heard the weather forecast, if I follow my GPS I will be fine, so long as I can see far enough ahead without running into another boat it should be fine.

thanks
    Scalem

PS. Buggar!! Just fueled her up and thought she smelled a bit of petrol so I went looking with flashlight. Found it! Fuel filter is leaking around the seal that joins the see through bowl/ water separator to the main filter body. Looks like a late start for me after the shops open and I can fit a new filter, not risking it.:angry: I guess the fog will have lifted by then:cry: