Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

Re: What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

In pinhead's sketch car b has right of way as car a turns across its path

Quote Originally Posted by mitch92 View Post
    In pinhead's sketch car b has right of way as car a turns across its path
    Sorry Mate, but that is utterly, completely incorrect.

As Greg (Pinhead) says, about 20 years ago (maybe even longer) the law was changed to state that at a T junction, the car merging into the continuing road (top of the T) will always have to give way, regardless of the old give way to the right rule.

The only exception to this is if there is signage on the continuing road indicating a requirement to stop or give way, which is rare.

Can I respectfully suggest that instead of trusting me you pop into your local Transport Department and check for yourself, before you kill someone, or get wiped out yourself...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

That be Part 7 Division 2 subsection 73 of the Transport Operations (Road Use Managment-Road Rules) Regulation 2009 for the ruling on the T intersection.
    The bloke turning needs to give way in the Pinhead example.
    Especially if it Timi in the tipper. (refer to rule 1 of the Finga road code ie give way to any bugger bigger then ya).

Oh....and Phil. You better start indicating when your in a turning lane because that's against the rules too. It's 20 penalty points if they catch you...and give 2 hoots about it.
    It's Part 4 divisions1 and 2 of the above regulation.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Car B will almost definitely have a dotted or full line in front of him.

Dotted = give way
    Full line = stop

Which brings me to my gripe.

Those same dotted lines are on slip lanes (not merging lanes on a freeway).

I hate people who think they can enter a slip lane while the other two lanes are chockers and flowing, then just indicate right and pull in whereby stuffing up the traffic flow for every other vehicle. The dots mean give way, and the rule states 'give way to ALL lanes'

Carindale at creek/wynnum inbound on creek is a prime example.

Hi PinHead

With regard to your comments on give way to the right, see the
    State Gov. Rules of the Road starting at page 72 Dated 12th. October 2009.

www.legislation.qld.gov.au

Just for the benefit of all us "backward" people in country towns they have little coloured pictures so we/you don't get confused.

For your information the running writing is in English.

Read my original comments and have a re-think before you start calling other people names.

Best wishes J.B.

J. B., like I said, go and ask at your local Transport Dept or even Police station regarding, specifically regarding T Junctions.

The vehicle on the continuing road always has the right of way, and this over rides the normal give way to the right rule for the car which is on the continuing road.

Additionally, I believe the Law states (regardless of current signage) that the Terminating road must always be treated as having a STOP sign.

Like I said, go check. Death will be the result of not doing so. It scares me that folks will pull out of the terminated road thinking they have the right of way. Death by ignorance.

Tim

Well, I went a step further and checked myself.

Part 7-73 of the "Transport Operations (Road Use Management - Road Rules) Regulation 2009"

Discusses T-Intersections. Greg is right.

Also checked with my Copper Son. $300 fine, 3 demerits, if you fail to give way to ALL traffic when exiting a terminating road.

Cheers,

Tim

What pi$$e$ you off when you go driving??

The boredom! wasn't always this way.

cheersfnq

Just reread my original statement, where no sinage exists at an intersection.

I did not mention a street junction. Ie. "T" Junction

The give way to the right rule still exists at unsigned intersections.

The "T" Junction without sinage is a totally different situation.

Any way as Finga pointed out, might is right.

J.B.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Well, I went a step further and checked myself.

Part 7-73 of the "Transport Operations (Road Use Management - Road Rules) Regulation 2009"
    Actually that's not quite the correct reference. Look up towards the top of the page matey. You missed Division 2....

What peeves me.....well in the last 5 days I've had 2 people stop at the stop sign and then continue to procede into the said intersection...don't matter about me IN the bloody interestion....just come on out and scare Tuesday's pizza out of me...bloody hell!!!

That not giving way or stopping on the dotted and solid lines peeves me too GBC. I just keep going when they do it to me.
    I don't care. I'm insured and I need a new mudgard.

I had a minor accident a couple of years ago. A lady turned in front of me at traffic lights We were going opposite directions. She was in a hurry to get to a funeral. I swerved nearly wiping myself out on the median barrier and I just got her ar$e. I could have/should have T-boned the b!tch of a thing.
    Her insurance would not pay because they said I entered a blocked interestion (on her reckoning)...go figure. It's in the rule book and all.
    So now if I see an accident going to happen I'm going to hit someone so the coppers have to come. At least the story might be true. I should have T-boned her looking back.
    I know what your all thinking BUT I tried to get my car fixed for 10months and in the end just gave up with RACQ. They first admitted she was in the wrong but changed the story when the quotes came in. If I t-boned her she would not have been harmed. I was only doing about 40km/hr...and a coppers report would have been done.

Oii JB and Pinhead. Why don't you 2 get together to have a beer and 'discuss' the road rules. You 2 are virtually neighbours if you did not know.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

ITs all in here, along with pretty little drawings:
    http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/reso...te_july_09.pdf

Which confirms as i said, vehicle B in pinheads picture (vehicle 2 in QLD transport) has right of way over vehicle A (Vehicle 1 in QLD)

Nobody is arguing with that Mitch, The "give way to the right"
    still exists in Qld. Law in a lot of circumstances.

It was not phased out as some have stated before and is still in force.

Read the whole text and then make a considered statement.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Car B will almost definitely have a dotted or full line in front of him.

Dotted = give way
    Full line = stop

Which brings me to my gripe.

Those same dotted lines are on slip lanes (not merging lanes on a freeway).

I hate people who think they can enter a slip lane while the other two lanes are chockers and flowing, then just indicate right and pull in whereby stuffing up the traffic flow for every other vehicle. The dots mean give way, and the rule states 'give way to ALL lanes'

Carindale at creek/wynnum inbound on creek is a prime example.
    why would car B have any line in front of him..he is on a staight road??? he does not have to give way to the right but previously he would have had to..with or without lines in front of him..that was the old give way to the right rule..anything on your right that did not have a stop or GW sign you had to stop and let them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Haji-Baba View Post
    Just reread my original statement, where no sinage exists at an intersection.

I did not mention a street junction. Ie. "T" Junction

The give way to the right rule still exists at unsigned intersections.

The "T" Junction without sinage is a totally different situation.

Any way as Finga pointed out, might is right.

J.B.
    you originally stated give way to the right..so it isn't give way to the right at all? Just when someone wants to? Nothing different about it at all..if give way to the right as it used to be then I stand by my original comments.
    Might is not right..no one exempt.