Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swaines Family Trip

Re: Swaines Family Trip

Can we get some additional info on the cap star, cruising speed, ect. Darrin would also like to know how the sleeping arrangement is, I think he is having nightmares about having to share a cabin with the snorers from hell. I don't think he was happy with the couple of panadol and ear plugs I gave him and told him to HTFU.

Mark

Page 4 not enough?

http://www.amytiadventure.com.au/

Try this
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

New addition:
    * me + 4 = 5

I believe that makes a total of 13.

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Can we get some additional info on the cap star, cruising speed, ect. Darrin would also like to know how the sleeping arrangement is, I think he is having nightmares about having to share a cabin with the snorers from hell. I don't think he was happy with the couple of panadol and ear plugs I gave him and told him to HTFU.

Mark

Mark

I sent them an email asking a handful questions including some that were similar to yours. That was a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't got a reply yet. Once I get something back from them, I will post it up. Maybe Newbs can get an answer from them as he knows them.

Bugger all info on their website as yet. Probably still under development.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Mark

I sent them an email asking a handful questions including some that were similar to yours. That was a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't got a reply yet. Once I get something back from them, I will post it up. Maybe Newbs can get an answer from them as he knows them.

Bugger all info on their website as yet. Probably still under development.

Steve
    What do you need to know mate?
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    What do you need to know mate?
    What are their accom layout?
    Do they troll on the way out and between anchourages? How many lines?
    What is the cruise speed?
    Do the dories have sounder/fish finders?
    What are the dories?

Thanks for chasing this up mate

Steve

any chance of adding:

do the dories have fish box's for sessions catch or BYO?
    do the dorries have small esky or similar for bait and drinks, or BYO?

cheers
    b

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    What are their accom layout?
    Do they troll on the way out and between anchourages? How many lines?
    What is the cruise speed?
    Do the dories have sounder/fish finders?
    What are the dories?

Thanks for chasing this up mate

Steve
    Have try and answer this from memory.
    2 x 4 bed rooms
    rest are 2's I think
    yes they troll when they move if you want to. 2-4 rods
    Dories are centre consoles with 40hp outboards. Not sure about sounders but you dont need em out there.
    Pretty sure they have smaller eskys for drinks etc but a tub and a wet hessian sack fro the fishing sessions.
    NEWBY T.G.

Well sometimes you think that all is going too well and then you get the "Dear John" letter. See attached letter.

Unfortunately, this adds another $1260 to the bill for me plus the usual bait drinks etc.
    That almost fills the Bertram up. Well 2/3rds anyway.

So all up I would spend $9000 + extras for me and the 3 kids.

2 years ago, I went to the Whitsundays in the Bertram for 2 weeks with 1 weeks travelling, so 3 weeks away. Food, berthing, bait, etc etc and I was still out of the whole trip for the whole family for under $8,000

I do appologise but I cant personally justify 9 grand on a fishing trip.

I think I will organise a trip in the Berty with the kids out to the Swaines. Chuck 400ltrs of extra diesel on and were there and back for just over 2 grand. I suppose if I didnt have the Bertram, I would have more justification to spend the dough.

I do however, understand the price increase. The cost of running anything at the moment is out of control. I know this from the expenses I have had to try and keep under control at work.

So Newby is over and out for this trip guys. I will leave it to you lot if you want to continue on with the booking. Sorry to all and I hope it hasnt messed you about too much.
    NEWBY T.G.

This sucks.

* -me - 4 = -5

were out. It was fun while it lasted.

bye

Bugger, damn, bugger.
    Thanks anyways Newbs!

Bugger alright, mate just put the kids to work and make em pay for their own trip..........

No I totally understand, it was always going to be a big ask for anyone to justify the cost x 4, especially when you have the capability of doing it on your own boat.........Maybe we can do a tag along tour to the swains....... I can just see it now!!!! Carnelpya with a string of boats behind with Newby throwing sangers around.

So guys what do you recon, think we can round 4 to 6 people or do call it a day.

Mark

Bugger, well see how we go with numbers but ???

Lee

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Understand where you are coming from though Newby.

Mark, I am still willing to go if it can be worked out.

Steve

You reckon your disappointed guys? You should have seen my kids faces....

Not Good.

Bloody Labor government.

Bloody cost of living.
    NEWBY T.G.