Thread: ECOfishers on Facebook

ECOfishers on Facebook

Hi guys,

Just a quick FYI - we have joined the 21st century social networking phenomenon and are now on Facebook. If you want to follow us, head to http://www.facebook.com/ecofishers.

We are also on Twitter if you use that. http://twitter.com/ECOfishers

Some become a friend and a fan.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: ECOfishers on Facebook

lol...my account confirmation words were "crustier democratic"...aaaah good stuff.

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

I thought it was only whippers snappers used facebook and twitter??
    But anyways....goodo on taking the initiative I reckon.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

A question on facebook..I clicked on the link then it went to a registration page..do you have to register to read a page on facebook?

You need to be a member of Facebook to see the members pages such as ours Greg. Same with the Twitter thing.

Scott it was seens as a younger driven thing this facebook etc but that is not so true anymore. If some of the younger crowd that enjoy fishing follow us and read on the comments we make and get involved that is a positive thing considering they are the next generation which will benefit from the efforts we put in now.

Have a good weekend guys.
    Cheers,
    Chris

yes pinhead you have to register or anyone could look at all your stuff. you can also change all your settings some only friends or everyone can see all your stuff and of course you can put on as much or as little info as you like

thanks for that..no intention of having a page on there..never been to that site before..was just going to have a look at the Eco page.

Its only just gone online (2-days old) so we are setting it all up as we go with news, issues, pictures, videos etc etc. Once again this will benefit greatly from a web designer/developer that can help us out as per the thread from Newby.

Enjoy the drags today Greg. The weather out here is a little overcast so it will keep temps down a little for the track which normally makes for better racing. Just hope it doesn't actually rain.
    Cheers,
    Chris

The more us 'old farts' accept this modern stuff (and i struggle to get my head round most of it) and use it to push our agendas,,,thats a simplistic statement i know....but ya get my drift....the more acceptance we will have with the audience we are targetting, as our 'opponents' are at the forefront of the use of this technology, and therefore have the edge at this stage. Personnally, facebook and its ilk give me the sh%ts, but i have to learn it because my family is so spread out around the country its the easiest way to keep in regular contact with them without racking up huge phone bills etc. Our fishing club has gone totally electronic with regards to communications......we only print a handful of newsletters in hard copy to table at the meetings now, and we dont have a postal bill. (I just wish when people filled in their membership forms when joining they did so BEFORE they had a few drinks so I could actually read their handwriting and enter the correct email addy).

Greg