Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Abt Barra Tour ---

Re: The Abt Barra Tour ---

All I got is "FFS mate, tighten up ya drag"!!!

Great read, great result, looking forward to a chin wag re the specifics!

Congratulations Chris and Trev on your efforts and final results....Not to be sneezed at.....excellent report, BUT I was excited by the second photo in your add on's......Now that was just screaming CAMP FIRE what a blaze on a Mondy Winters Night that clump of timber would have made. Congratulations must go to the Taylor lads for an extrodinary effort, they are a credit to the Sport, Well done Boys.

Now lets get these bloody Xmas and School holidays out of the way so we can get on with some proper Barra fishing.........I guess you will be wanting a new Spin outfit for xmas Chris.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

congrats nagg and trev on a great effort, it must be taxing on the body fishing and travelling that long ,i noticed a modified slicky in one of your pics ,found out last week that color and the bleeding mullet/ siver one is being discontinued sales not so good ,if they are one of your faves might be worth getting them when the sales come out on them

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    congrats nagg and trev on a great effort, it must be taxing on the body fishing and travelling that long ,i noticed a modified slicky in one of your pics ,found out last week that color and the bleeding mullet/ siver one is being discontinued sales not so good ,if they are one of your faves might be worth getting them when the sales come out on them
    Black & gold in 100s & 110s too

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Wel done guys.

I take my hat off to you are Trev for doign the tour.

One day I will get around to doing it.

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    Wel done guys.

I take my hat off to you are Trev for doign the tour.

One day I will get around to doing it.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee ........ I'm sure you would enjoy doing the barra events ( I know you are competitive enough) ....... maybe after doing a few more Mondy trips - we might see you at an event or two

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks Lee ........ I'm sure you would enjoy doing the barra events ( I know you are competitive enough) ....... maybe after doing a few more Mondy trips - we might see you at an event or two

chris
    Got a lot of learning about Barra, reading dams and knowing where the fish will be before I even think of that and to be honest I am really just enjoying going fishing.

I have not fished a comp since the Bribie ABT.

We should catch up soon for a fish somwhere.

Cheers

Lee

Well Chris what can I say that no one else has mate, a good couple of bloke doing what they love to do and getting a good result.. Well deserved

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Well Chris what can I say that no one else has mate, a good couple of bloke doing what they love to do and getting a good result.. Well deserved

Nath
    Thanks Nath

Competition aside ...... All we were doing was barra fishing - and that's all the excuse I needed in doing the tour again. ..... Teemburra & Faust ..... just blow me away.

On the learning side of barra fishing ...... I reckon I've come away from the tour just that little bit better equipped to improve my social fishing results (particularly in reading the water & situation) ......... so very happy on that front.

Results were pleasing considering the quality of the field this year

but now ..... its back to social fishing & hopefully catching up with you guys soon.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well done on the results boys. I was at Faust in the Poly boat next to you guys.

We stayed on for a few days and got some PB's racked up. My old man smashed us and scored a 126cm, I upped my PB to 121cm as well.

We had a great time, not a heap of Barra, but we scored 9 all up, all released fit and healthy to boot.

Dad could not lift the big girl, so I got him to take a photo of me with her. We mostly trolled, as Dad is not the best at casting, and my shoulder is in need of a rebuild, but we did have a crack one still morning, only got one half hearted roll on a Tango dancer.

The red claw were great and we enjoyed several feeds as well.

Cheers,
    Snowman

Holly Crap Snowman,

thats a horse mate....well done to you and ya Dad!!!

What a top fish. All the photos I have seen of Faust look awesome...Its beautiful dam...and daunting when its full!!

Well done again mate.

Cheers Steve

Good one Snowman ...... great to see that you got onto some of the big girls that Faust is famous for

The redclaw are a real bonus ....... mmmmmm

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well done fella's, thought it might have been hard to catch up at Mondy, saw all the boats & fisho's but we were on the water in the mornings & you guys in the arvo....

Cheers Baz

PS will put up a report shortly

Re: The Abt Barra Tour --- A tribute to Trevor Burgess

With Trevor Burgess's funeral tomorrow after the tragic loss of his life at Lake Awoonga - I wanted to share this post about when we teamed up for the ABT Barra tour way back in 2009 . By the time the two weeks were up I had a greater respect for not only a great barra fishoe but also as a person - his dry wit but his willingness to share openly his knowledge .

I'm going to miss this "bloke' ( Trev liked to call you "bloke" ) a heap

RIP mate ...... you really were Dr Awoonga

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

True that, put a lot onto their first Barra, loved the water and all connected with it, sadly missed