Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Re: Sunfish to push for rec licence ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post

Scott, Why aren't you licence pushers looking to that model for guidance to improve our fishery instead pushing the NSW system you believe we all need ?
    That's a great case - what are your thoughts on the Qld government being capable of provide the same sort of no-strings-attached funding to achieve it ?

I believe we'll have more chance of doing it ourselves

Regards Scotto

I wish I knew how to multi quote.

Chilli said
    "Why are Sunfish pushing for a Recreational Fishing Licence in Queensland ???
    I have heard that they want to assist with the introduction of a rec licence. My take is that if they can do this, they will receive more funding from the government."

Scott Mitchell said
    "Sunfish DO NOT ADVOCATE a general rec license - THEY HAVE VOTED TO DISCUSS the pro's & con's of the "option" to source alternative funding to manage Qld fisheries in to the future."

You both can't be right

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I wish I knew how to multi quote.

Chilli said
    "Why are Sunfish pushing for a Recreational Fishing Licence in Queensland ???
    I have heard that they want to assist with the introduction of a rec licence. My take is that if they can do this, they will receive more funding from the government."

Scott Mitchell said
    "Sunfish DO NOT ADVOCATE a general rec license - THEY HAVE VOTED TO DISCUSS the pro's & con's of the "option" to source alternative funding to manage Qld fisheries in to the future."

You both can't be right
    Mike - I am a member of Sunfish & attended the AGM last Friday. I can re-confirm "Sunfish DO NOT ADVOCATE a general rec license - THEY HAVE VOTED TO DISCUSS the pro's & con's of the "option" to source alternative funding to manage Qld fisheries in to the future."

I would also like to ask again if any of the members of Ausfish who are participating here - would also like to list out what they believe are the Pro's & Con's of a general rec license based on the "models" discussed here

Regards Scotto

''I would also like to ask again if any of the members of Ausfish who are participating here - would also like to list out what they believe are the Pro's & Con's of a general rec license based on the "models" discussed here''.

Scott

Scott

In case you haven’t been paying attention, just about every one who has participated on this thread has disapproved of the idea along with many valid reasons. So to ask everyone to have their say AGAIN is either pure ignorance or stupidity. You need only go back through both threads and read what people have said, pretty straight forward really. I have noticed through both this thread and the other poll thread that you have made your position clear that you 100% for the rfl. While most everyone who participated in both threads have apposed this idea you never once showed understanding to peoples fears, you always had a glossy answer. Instead of trying to get support from a fishing web site why don’t you and Sunfish put a few large adds in the big papers through out QLD and see what response you get.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    That's a great case - what are your thoughts on the Qld government being capable of provide the same sort of no-strings-attached funding to achieve it ?

I believe we'll have more chance of doing it ourselves

Regards Scotto
    You're right. The current QLD gov offers no inspiration.

The thought of you and/or Sunfish riding in like a white knight carrying this licence solution is even less inspiring. If it wasn't so serious, it would be compared to a script from an old Monty Python movie.

The only way to get some change is in the political arena via effective lobbying and/or being directly involved in the political process. Whether we like it or not, this is where the decisions are made.

Unfortunately for us, the greens woke up to this many, many years ago. They now have a huge voice in the political process which lets them implement their ideals.

We have to defend our position in the same manner we're being attacked.

You're also right in that we have more chance of doing it ourselves.

So why do you keep pushing this wheelbarrow of us paying a licence fee and then holding hands with Sunfish, who have a proven track record of bowing to their gov't masters of the day ?

That can't get us anywhere. Sure, we might buy out a couple of pros, do a few surveys and some at the top will end with a bit of a warm and fuzzy over it, but at the end of the day, we still have no effective power in the decision making process.

That's like going cap in hand to the enemy asking for bandaids while they're firing bullets at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    You're right. The current QLD gov offers no inspiration.

The thought of you and/or Sunfish riding in like a white knight carrying this licence solution is even less inspiring. If it wasn't so serious, it would be compared to a script from an old Monty Python movie.

The only way to get some change is in the political arena via effective lobbying and/or being directly involved in the political process. Whether we like it or not, this is where the decisions are made.

Unfortunately for us, the greens woke up to this many, many years ago. They now have a huge voice in the political process which lets them implement their ideals.

We have to defend our position in the same manner we're being attacked.

You're also right in that we have more chance of doing it ourselves.

So why do you keep pushing this wheelbarrow of us paying a licence fee and then holding hands with Sunfish, who have a proven track record of bowing to their gov't masters of the day ?

That can't get us anywhere. Sure, we might buy out a couple of pros, do a few surveys and some at the top will end with a bit of a warm and fuzzy over it, but at the end of the day, we still have no effective power in the decision making process.

That's like going cap in hand to the enemy asking for bandaids while they're firing bullets at us.
    LOL Dicko..I just had visions of the Knights who say Nii.

Mike - I am a member of Sunfish & attended the AGM last Friday. I can re-confirm "Sunfish DO NOT ADVOCATE a general rec license - THEY HAVE VOTED TO DISCUSS the pro's & con's of the "option" to source alternative funding to manage Qld fisheries in to the future."
    OK, not that I don't believe you Scott but maybe you could post the proposition as it was voted on at the conference.

Chilli your thread is titled
    "Why are Sunfish pushing for a Recreational Fishing Licence in Queensland ???"

That's fairly definitive Chilli, is there proof of this anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post

OK, not that I don't believe you Scott but maybe you could post the proposition as it was voted on at the conference.
    Mike - I do not have the exact wording - BUT you have my word it will mean exactly what I have stated.

If you stick with the truth - you have less to remember

Regards Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Scott

In case you haven’t been paying attention, just about every one who has participated on this thread has disapproved of the idea along with many valid reasons. So to ask everyone to have their say AGAIN is either pure ignorance or stupidity. You need only go back through both threads and read what people have said, pretty straight forward really. I have noticed through both this thread and the other poll thread that you have made your position clear that you 100% for the rfl. While most everyone who participated in both threads have apposed this idea you never once showed understanding to peoples fears, you always had a glossy answer. Instead of trying to get support from a fishing web site why don’t you and Sunfish put a few large adds in the big papers through out QLD and see what response you get.

Stu
    Stu - Actually 80 people have voted in favour of the rec license concept & quite a few who have voted NO to the NSW model - would still like to see change

In any case - I would be interested in any ones input who would like to weigh up the Pro's & con's of the "proposed" model - even if not in favour

Regards Scotto

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    LOL Dicko..I just had visions of the Knights who say Nii.
    Whats your favourite colour??? Lol
    Paulo.

In any case - I would be interested in any ones input who would like to weigh up the Pro's & con's of the "proposed" model - even if not in favour

Regards Scotto
    Scott, you really are playing the part of a narrow minded, one eyed zealot quite well.

The input you're after from us is here, (both Pro, and con)

http://http://www.ausfish.com.au/vfo...d.php?t=154653

and here,

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=157478

perhaps you need to read them again, then move on to somewhere else with your wheelbarrow.

actually, while on the subject of Monty Python, this scene came to mind.

Scott

What is with you and all the smilies mate? 80 people have voted for it,are forgetting QLD is a big state and not all of the population is on Ausfish.

Stu

Leaving the politics out of this discussion - it annoys me to see this sort of garbage being peddled by a supposed representative group when there are underlying issues that need to be resolved before this sort of revenue raising is even contemplated. Why isn't there a push to get back to the nucleus of the problem? I'm talking about disproportionate destruction of mangrove habitat - (responsibility: Government), the dumping of crap out near Mud Island - (responsibility: Government), the pollution and run off going into the river and esturaries and subsequently into the bay - (responsibility: Government). Of course, I forgot; it's all the fault of the recreational fisherman - or is it???. Licences don't mean a bloody thing unless fish have habitats that are stable, clean and not being diminished or destroyed due to the pathetic policies and practices being allowed or implemented by a draconian government. Why don't the likes of Sunfish, who supposedly represent the "average" fisherman get some balls and discuss these core issues with government representatives before looking at licencing. After all, licences will not mean anything if fish have no where to breed or fingerlings have no where to grow!! Or is it just that the rec fisho is an easy target yet again! Scott, I would welcome your comments. Just my 2 cents worth.

ps: I personally don't have an issue with a fishing licence BUT only AFTER core issues are resolved by Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryant View Post
    Leaving the politics out of this discussion - it annoys me to see this sort of garbage being peddled by a supposed representative group when there are underlying issues that need to be resolved before this sort of revenue raising is even contemplated. Why isn't there a push to get back to the nucleus of the problem? I'm talking about disproportionate destruction of mangrove habitat - (responsibility: Government), the dumping of crap out near Mud Island - (responsibility: Government), the pollution and run off going into the river and esturaries and subsequently into the bay - (responsibility: Government). Of course, I forgot; it's all the fault of the recreational fisherman - or is it???. Licences don't mean a bloody thing unless fish have habitats that are stable, clean and not being diminished or destroyed due to the pathetic policies and practices being allowed or implemented by a draconian government. Why don't the likes of Sunfish, who supposedly represent the "average" fisherman get some balls and discuss these core issues with government representatives before looking at licencing. After all, licences will not mean anything if fish have no where to breed or fingerlings have no where to grow!! Or is it just that the rec fisho is an easy target yet again! Scott, I would welcome your comments. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Your right & if you actually look at the fishing effort that has been removed from marine parks - the underlying problems are all still there - Fishing actually had little of no impact in most cases.

Managing a states fisheries is a HUGE undertaking - one which requires A LOT of energy & resources - So who pays ?

Regards Scotto

Your right & if you actually look at the fishing effort that has been removed from marine parks - the underlying problems are all still there - Fishing actually had little of no impact in most cases.

Managing a states fisheries is a HUGE undertaking - one which requires A LOT of energy & resources - So who pays ?

Regards Scotto
    Running a government is a HUGE effort apparently. Who pays? I would expect the taxpayer through the many taxes that we pay. After all, that is why we pay our taxes. Unfortunately, the government can't even get that right; look at the mess of our roads and now the number of tolls etc. we are expected to pay. My understanding is that our vehicle registration is paid for the maintenance and upgrade etc. of Queensland's roads. At some point the "user pays" convenient excuse needs to stop. We pay our taxes and expect the government to facilitate appropriate expenditure of this revenue as well as other incoming dollars. Boat and trailer rego have just increased by a ridiculous amount and quite frankly - I'm sick of the "well who pays for it" scenarios. I don't want any part of "controlling" what fishing licence fees we pay - I want the government to do what we elected them to do and not pander to minority groups and penalise the "easy" targets. Once upon a time (fairytale land) - Queensland was the lowest taxed state in Australia; now????????????? At this point I have to admit that you are an easy target but I'm trying oh so hard to keep to the core issues. I'm going to get a scotch before I really blow a gasket.

Andrew