Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who fishes out from Cairns

Re: Who fishes out from Cairns

Yeah Ron, Port is pretty good. You must fish around undine or mackay. Plenty of options there, batt, tounge satelite.

Yorkeys can be a bit of a nightmare. I try not to launch from there, I stick to the inlet ramp if possible. Yeah on a good day it's full out there, especially the close reefs, they sure get a hammering!

I'm the same, looking for new grounds with less boats. Where I fish cops a hammering. Caught a heap of trout the other day, all just under. I think as soon as one hits legal, somebody catches it. Never launched out of Port, maybe worth a try.

Good one Robbo with the Nannies.

Quote Originally Posted by megafish71 View Post
    I fish from Cairns sometimes, most of the time I tow up to Port Douglas and head N/E from there. Sick of putting up with the nongs at the local ramp when the weather is good. I usually only fish out of Cairns when the weather is average as the ramps are not busy and your not sharing the same little piece of ground with a thousand other boats.

Cheers Ron

I think your getting a tad too soft Ron..hehehe

Daz

Mackman, yeah I tend to stay off the reef and hang in the bit deeper stuff if at one of the close reefs. Exploring around is the key for sure.

Wahoo, have you got the new toy yet?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post

Wahoo, have you got the new toy yet?

Rob
    Rob, i have everything but the hull sitting in my shed, few more weeks yet

Daz

Fishing off the beach for you then for a while ay! ohh, so you got the verado already.

My hubby grew up fishing off shore from Cairns so .... One Day .... we'll get adventerous and tow the boat up there for a holiday
    Shut Up and Eat Fish !!
    ..... Love My Haines Hunter .....

Fishing off the beach for you then for a while ay! ohh, so you got the verado already.
    not even a fish off the beach as no time to even pick my ring, yep have the Verado sitting here also

Daz

Where are the build pics Daz - on the US site???

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Where are the build pics Daz - on the US site???

No mate no site, as im having a few probs with the pewter

Daz

ah well, at least the time will go quick when your busy. Boat will be here in no time. Hey daz, do you fish with smarty? Barry.

Rob

ah well, at least the time will go quick when your busy. Boat will be here in no time. Hey daz, do you fish with smarty? Barry.

Rob
    time is going TOOOOO quick ATM...No dont know the guy dont think

Daz

ah, no worries. I though i saw him in one of your pics in a offshore report here somewhere.

Take care,
    Rob

Yeah Ron, Port is pretty good. You must fish around undine or mackay. Plenty of options there, batt, tounge satelite.
    Yorkeys can be a bit of a nightmare. I try not to launch from there, I stick to the inlet ramp if possible. Yeah on a good day it's full out there, especially the close reefs, they sure get a hammering!
    Yeh, those areas and more, lots of ground to fish up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    I think your getting a tad too soft Ron..hehehe

Daz
    Well maybe just a little, Im getting old or so my kids keep telling me.

ah well, at least the time will go quick when your busy. Boat will be here in no time. Hey daz, do you fish with smarty? Barry

Rob

Don't tell me you know Smarty, Call him Barry blunthead, that will get him fired up.

Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Ron, my oldman at Bransfords knows him more, I have just meet him once or twice. Oldboy showed me a photo of him with a fish once, what a face .