Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aust Shooters & Fishing Party

Aust Shooters & Fishing Party

i see on another forum THE AUSTRALIAN SHOOTERS PARTY is now known as
    THE AUSTRALIAN SHOOTERS &FISHING PARTY
    could someone please find and post roy smith's maiden parliamentary speech on here if possible as i think many fisho's would be interested in it
    in his speech he outlines outdoor activities that are being affected by the extreme
    green groups as opposed to conservation applied with some commonsense
    THANKS BRIAN

Re: Aust Shooters & Fishing Party

Yes, would be nice to see the speech

While I myself am a supporter of the shooters party and wish them all the best sincerly I do think this could be a double edged sword when it comes to Rec Anglers. There are many out there that really want guns out of our culture altogether. While IMO these people are seriously misguided by the extreme left and their thoughts on why they want guns gone altogether are totally fruitless to the actual outcome. Having these people now totally against fisherfolk as well just to achieve the anti gun outcome could be counter productive.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian47 View Post
    i see on another forum THE AUSTRALIAN SHOOTERS PARTY is now known as
    THE AUSTRALIAN SHOOTERS &FISHING PARTY
    could someone please find and post roy smith's maiden parliamentary speech on here if possible as i think many fisho's would be interested in it
    in his speech he outlines outdoor activities that are being affected by the extreme
    green groups as opposed to conservation applied with some commonsense
    THANKS BRIAN
    Holy crap! The huntin & fishin party!!!

Oh well it's better than nothing which is what we have had for a couple of years already with no voting power what's so ever.

Wish them the best of luck, i heard today that Bligh has forced entirely unreasonable extra regulation on the sugar cane growers simply because she can...there is a myriad of silenced individuals in every state with a monkey placed on their back looking for anyone to relieve them of it, more power to the new combined party if they can achieve more than nothing but talk and self interested ideological justifications of which we already have buckets loads.

cheers fnq

the shooters party already has two members in the nsw parliament
    roy smith & robert brown are there names
    i have read roy's maiden speech and he refers to not just the shooting fraternity
    facing problems
    he speaks of things pertaining to fishing fourwheel driving camping etc
    chris those same extreme people want fishing gone to
    cheers brian

maybe we can jazz up the name and call them " The Australians Free Rights Party" or................................................ .." The Shoot em down and Gaff em up Party"
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

I dont have any facts but have read in another forum that the shooters party didnt support fishing in its battle with marine parks. To me it sounds sounds like they may be looking for more easy votes.
    As a member of Ecofishers NSW i would like to know what there stance is on the shooters and fishing party.

His inaugural speech is easy to find. Here are the relevant excerpts regarding fishing.

http://www.ssaa.org.au/notice-board/...al-speech.html

"Now we have the introduction of marine parks and conservation areas and anglers are losing much of their most popular fishing spots to no-take zones, again to ensure the maintenance of fish stocks. The overwhelming majority of anglers, like hunters, are responsible conservationists. We support reasonable regulations but they must be based on sound evidence, not emotion or ideology. There is simply insufficient evidence to show that excluding recreational anglers from no-take zones will have any significant impact on fish stocks."

"We believe the current marine parks legislation impacts unreasonably on recreational fishing and we will be urging the Government to review the legislation at the earliest opportunity."

deepfried ask them
    cheers brian
    PS i'm not a member of any political party

The last thing we need is to be bunched with freaken gun nuts
    we have a couple of clubs around here where the smaller the man the bigger the gun
    IFISHCQ2

ifishcq1
    that is a very local comment
    the shooters &fishing party at least already have two members in the nsw parliament
    i just clicked on to there website for the first time
    i was pleasantly surprised
    cheers brian

Quote Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
    I dont have any facts but have read in another forum that the shooters party didnt support fishing in its battle with marine parks. To me it sounds sounds like they may be looking for more easy votes.
    As a member of Ecofishers NSW i would like to know what there stance is on the shooters and fishing party.
    The shooters party where in no real position to oppose the parks, the last one was declared before the last election when they only had one seat, in fact most of the parks go back ten years.

Arrrr me boyos, the main thing is not to get too sensationalist about marine parks and things like that. You never see me going over the top do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
    Arrrr me boyos, the main thing is not to get too sensationalist about marine parks and things like that. You never see me going over the top do ya?
    mate you guys got a flogging down there

I started my fishing passion down around those areas and I can see a few great spots are now gone

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
    Not true.
    I had an email from Roy in regards to new NSW marine parks. "OVER MY DEAD BODY", was one comment he made
    The shooters party is the most powerful voice in NSW we have.
    That is why I support them.