Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Point Green Zone

Woody Point Green Zone

When are the people responsible going to patrol the woody point area.
    Another bloody kyack in there this arvo.
    Really pis... me off.
    Always one in there.

I quiet often see a few tinnies in there as well.
    Why set these things and not patrol them.

greg

Re: Woody Point Green Zone

I heard theyve installed posts marking the zone, is this true?

Yes it is marked with yellow buoys.

The fisheries patrol have been there quite often lately day and night.
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Seahorse,

is there a fragile piece of environment in the woody point area that is likely to be adversely affected by fisherpeople??? Is the answer is no, as I would assume, then who bloody cares? As far as I am concerned zones put in with no or manufactured science shouldnt be there in the first place so I hope they get away with it for as long as possible.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

lovey,
    sorry u think that way.
    I wasnt happy with the green zone at woody point, but hey its there and thats it.
    At the end of day, rules are rules.
    So I hope they get caught and cop the fines they deserve.
    Why should I and many more sit outside the zone and smartarses go inside.
    There are signs and yellow bouys.

agree 100% with Lovey80.

Do you believe in the science of MPAs? If so, could you explain to me.
    If not, why does it concern you.

Does not bother me one little bit if people fish in green zones. IMHO, there is no science to support them as a fish management tool. They are a political tool only, and should be treated with the disrespect I give all pollies wearing red or green.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    At the end of day, rules are rules.
    and sheep are sheep!

You will never change anything with that attitude.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

It"s not about changing things the rules are there to follow we don't like them but we obey them i can see where seahorse is coming from you have people trying to do the right thing and stay out of the zone by going into the zone you are not going to change anything but end up with a $500 fine and give all fellow fisher's a bad rep when it come's to fighting for justice further down the track when they try to implement new zone's, I have fished and crabbed that area since i was a tiny tot with my father and you are right there is no science and they have taken away a good land based option for people as well but that does not give anyone the right to go in there now it is a green zone

Let them get caught seahorse and they will eventually get caught so don't stress just do the right thing thats all you can do

Shane

jeremy,
    I dont have to explain anything. mate if u fish the green zones then i hope u get fined. Rules are rules.
    if u want fight it good luck.
    I never said i agreed, but its here and thats it, for the moment.
    I cant believe u blokes who do the wrong things and stuff it up for others, as shane said down the track.

Didn't say that I fish in green zones, just that it doesn't bother me if other people do.

Jeremy

It's amazing how these forums turn into an argument against people's opinions. We are all entitled to our own, it's what makes us unique and defines us.
    But green zones by law we are not allowed to fish in. If we break this law then why not break all of them. If a speed zone is 110km/h and my ferrari can do 300km/h I don't have the right to do the 300 just cause I can.
    Science or no science, politician or not these are the laws we are dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride-Pride View Post
    It's amazing how these forums turn into an argument against people's opinions. We are all entitled to our own, it's what makes us unique and defines us.
    But green zones by law we are not allowed to fish in. If we break this law then why not break all of them. If a speed zone is 110km/h and my ferrari can do 300km/h I don't have the right to do the 300 just cause I can.
    Science or no science, politician or not these are the laws we are dealt.

it is these politicians that make these stupid laws..personally if I end up in a green zone and get fined then so be it..I don't carry a book with boundaries in it..and have no intention to. I could get fined less for something dangerous like drink driving....BUT..good to see we all just roll over and accept these pathetic laws with barely a murmur.

i find it funny that sea horse never said that they were fishing in the green zone in his first post, he just stated that they were in the green zone in the kayak and tinnie,now thats not illegal to just be in there, boating and diving are allowed in green zones, so if the wernt fishing no problem, if they were, let the authorities deal with it, ring them with their details and let them know, if you must.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

One doesnt just drift around the woody point reefs for the fun of it, get real.

Seahorse
    I've been checked by Water Police, Marine's Park, DPI&F; about 5 times over the last two years just outside the Green Zones around Peel Island. Seems they are out on glassed out days, more often than not and never when a boat is fishing in the the Green Zone. On other days I've seen boats in the Green Zone, it pees me off too cos if they get picked up, the headlines the next day is "...Another Fisherman Gets a Fine For Fishing in a Green Zone ...". Many of the general public are not aware of the inconsistencies in the zoning and look at us as knuckle-dragging Neanderthal (most BBQ discussions with people).
    We need to educate the general public ... that's where Ecofishers Qld comes in.
    Maybe some day (don't hold your breath) but they might reverse these zonings as a farce. In the mean time I'm going to fight for a change and not get too upset over people who are going to get caught sometime and whinge about it, to our overall deteriment.
    Cheers