Thread: Bermuda 375 dinghy or Bermuda 410 are they any good?

Question Bermuda 375 dinghy or Bermuda 410 are they any good?

I am looking at getting a ali dinghy. Found a Bermuda Discovery 375 and a Bermuda 410 Northcoaster and I wondered if anyone had one or knew what they were like.

Will be used mainly fishing estuary and rivers and short run inshore on good day for squidding.

Any info welcome.

Cheers,

Maccas

Re: Bermuda 375 dinghy or Bermuda 410 are they any good?

gday macca i have a 375 discovery - i use it as a car topper on a rhino rack on my patrol - as you know its a vee nose punt pretty stable but have added air o floats to it to make it even more stable - can push it along with a 8 hp ok but 15 better - it is used as an estury creek river boat can be a bit wet in a chop - i dont use it for inshore in the bay as i ahve 480 / 50 hp quin runabout also that i wuse in the bays and big esturies etc - but i guess it would be ok on the better days if it was me and you dont want to car topper it then proabbly could go with the bigger 410 unit but you will need to trailer that bigger boat no chance of car topping it and need at least a 25 hp and 30hp is better - cheers rob
    cheers rob

Thanks for the info Rob. I don't want to use a a car topper as I am happy to use trailer so stability is why i was looking at 375 discovery - sort of like a mini barra boat as i want to use it for bream fishing in river and estuary. When weather is good just want something smaller to take out for an hour or two inshore fishing instead of the KC 5.2.

Cheers,

Maccas

yea macca it is pretty good rig for couple hors out after bream , whiting and flatty fishing in the local rivers creeks esturies etc and its ok for barra etc in the northern rivers also which is why i got it - but them real bloody big crocs worry me a bit thou when i use it up north but all good
    see you rob

Thanks for that Rob. I think that they are very similar to the Quintrex model, I think it is called the Explorer. I would like something a bit bigger but want the stability so probably looking at vee- nose punt around 4m. Saw a Stacer on Boats online that looks good. Basically a mini Hornet trophy for less dollars is what I want, I think- not sure yet.

Cheers,

Maccas

What’s the go with all these gambling ads

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Spam, need a mod to remove it.

Sent a message to report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Sent a message to report it.
    Happened on another post, reported it a couple of days ago and no response yet although that post no longer has the gsmbling link.

Admin maybe on holidays the site is rather quiet most weeks maybe these posts slip the net that admin would usually catch in the early hours