Thread: A near miss...

A near miss...

Hey all,

Just thought I'd relate a near miss to everyone for info or whatever. I live down the Tweed way and my boat lives with me. Occasionally I bring it up to Capalaba when I'm doing an extended trip away with work to keep it at my Missus' place where I *thought* it would be more secure.
    Long story short, I bought it up a month ago and haven't brought it back down to the Tweed yet. I returned today to take it back and the neighbour there came and saw me and told me only last week a white ute had turned up with 3 blokes who were all over the boat checking it out. He came out to see what they were up to and when they saw him, took off rather fast. The place at Capalaba is not on a street and is a fair drive off the road to find it so I'm buggered how they knew it was there if it was an opportunity theft grab.
    I have a trailer lock and wheel clamp on it to deter opportunity theft so maybe I got lucky. I never knew if this would work in reality but maybe it did. I will never doubt even the smallest security as a potential detterent again.

what was that line from Pulp Fiction, something like..."it would be worth them trying it if I could catch them doing it"
    so true

Re: A near miss...

sounds like you were pretty lucky mate!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

I would be buying the neighbour a carton! He could have done nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I would be buying the neighbour a carton! He could have done nothing.
    2 Locks and a pit bull for a neighbour. That's what we all need. I too would buy him a very nice carton of beer.

Cheers
    Chris

The neighbour is actually a good friend of mine and when I lived at that address we had looked out for each other on a few previous occassions (must be the remoteness of the 2 properties that brings the losers in). He has been properly thanked
    On a side note, I tested out the wheel clamp today just to see how strong (!?) it was. I near smashed it with 1 good hit of a sledge hammer (a bit of tweaking with the hands saw it fall into 2 distinct pieces).
    This comes from a well known auto shop (their brand, and in their colours) so I'm off to look for some suitable chain and a lock instead.

Thank god for good neighbours or u would of been one real unhappy fella!! Gee there is so some low lives around!! why dont they go out and work to get a boat of they're own like most other people have to...?
    Regards Rod

Because they don't want the stuff to use,they just on sell for the dosh.Time the penalties were at least some deterrent for a lot of them to pack up.Wouldn't stop them all though but any reduction would be good.
    Paulo
    P.S My Mrs reckons if the're caught in the act or in possession then there should be NO trial at tax payers expense.Just the maximum penalty.Do not pass GO,straight to jail!!

Thanks for the heads up one the wheel clamps mate, sounds like they are a waste of time and money

Paulmark,
    If i caught the lowlifes in the act, i can garuntee there would be no trial, also garuntee they would not be caught theiving again, unless doctors can sew hands back on these days : p

My Mrs reckons if the're caught in the act or in possession then there should be NO trial at tax payers expense.Just the maximum penalty.Do not pass GO,straight to jail!![/quote]

Fully agree with that, of course we would have to wait till their broken bones mended before sending them to jail!