Thread: reds for party

reds for party

i have 3 reds to bake or steam or grill .2 are 10kg big mouth nannys and one red emperor about 10 kg. i also have about 20 kg of fillets to cook hope this feeds about fifty. i have a large barbie with a hood and a fan forced oven. i glanced through a previous post and it was talking about steaming one in ginger and soy . but placing it in the oven to cook. is this steaming or baking as it was wrapped in foil .

the other fish would fit i hope under the hood of the barbie . i was just going to use lemon and butter any other better recipes . i saw a recipe with whole baked fillets with Paramecium cheese on top. any ideas most appreciated.

Re: reds for party

Quote Originally Posted by ozbee View Post
    i have 3 reds to bake or steam or grill .2 are 10kg big mouth nannys and one red emperor about 10 kg. i also have about 20 kg of fillets to cook hope this feeds about fifty. i have a large barbie with a hood and a fan forced oven. i glanced through a previous post and it was talking about steaming one in ginger and soy . but placing it in the oven to cook. is this steaming or baking as it was wrapped in foil .

the other fish would fit i hope under the hood of the barbie . i was just going to use lemon and butter any other better recipes . i saw a recipe with whole baked fillets with Paramecium cheese on top. any ideas most appreciated.
    OZ to steam in an oven is quite difficult as you are quite corret, your baking as well.
    However it is possible. Large baking tray with about 50mm water in bottom. Oven to about 150deg (Enough to keep water simmering) and a rack to keep fish out of water. Take a sharp knife and put slits to the bone on both sides of fish. About 3-4 a side... Cover slits with long slices of carrot, spring onion, celery and lemon grass (If you want to be fancy) then pour over a mixture of olive oil and butter or ghee mixed with your soy etc. Make sure it gets in both sides of the fish. Cover the whole lot with foil and make sure there are enough vents for steam to escape. You dont want it to boil the fish. Bon Appetite.
    PS Fish needs to be very clean and scaled. Stuff gut cavity with tomato and garlic for a unique flavour.
    Try reducing the left over water with some white wine and add butter at the last minute to polish the broth/sauce... Pour over fish and serve.

OR Invite me over and Iwill do it for you. You supply the jack daniels...
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.