Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petition To The Queensland Government Re Exclusion (green Zones) In Moreton Bay

Re: Petition To The Queensland Government Re Exclusion (green Zones) In Moreton Bay

me too Dazza......thousands make a difference, hundred make a blip.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Petition To The Queensland Government Re Exclusion (green Zones) In Moreton Bay

Can copies be given to tackle stores to collect signatures.
    Also, copies made available, with appropriate spell, at the upcoming Brisbane Boat Show so interested patrons can sign it ?

GES

Count me in as well

Why cant this be posted in all sections of Ausfish.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Done.

Keeps the pressure up.

Agree about the rest of the State, too - Why don't one of you NQ guys get a petition going? Its not that hard, and get onto your local MLA to sponsor it onto the Parliamentary website same as this one.

Cheers

ML
    In answer to that we did, and the rest of the country could not have cared less, we were fed the same lines, even by rec fishing lobby groups who were supposed to be on our side 'they're only taking 33%, you have plenty of other areas to fish'. No one was concerned because it was NQ and wasn't happening in their backyard and never would. Now that it has, well, the tables have turned, we've learned to live with it and SEQ want everyone else's support. I won't go into any more detail but thats what happened. Ours are also federal zonings and the State Govt has nothing to do with it, like they'd do anything for us anyway.

I'm all for supporting a new State of NQ, and would willingly pour my personal finances and time into making it happen.

BTW no precedent will be set that will apply to NQ, as I said, ours are federal, much higher up than the Moreton Bay zoning and a precedent for Moreton bay won't apply.

One thing Ecofishers should consider though, is whilst maintaining pressure on the Moreton Bay saga, perhaps start to look at the GBR more closely, Our review period is up soon and I'll bet everything I have and then some that Greeny Garret will want to increase what we have now.

I've signed this petition though

all done fello ausfishers
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    In answer to that we did, and the rest of the country could not have cared less, we were fed the same lines, even by rec fishing lobby groups who were supposed to be on our side 'they're only taking 33%, you have plenty of other areas to fish'. No one was concerned because it was NQ and wasn't happening in their backyard and never would. Now that it has, well, the tables have turned, we've learned to live with it and SEQ want everyone else's support. I won't go into any more detail but thats what happened. Ours are also federal zonings and the State Govt has nothing to do with it, like they'd do anything for us anyway.

I'm all for supporting a new State of NQ, and would willingly pour my personal finances and time into making it happen.

BTW no precedent will be set that will apply to NQ, as I said, ours are federal, much higher up than the Moreton Bay zoning and a precedent for Moreton bay won't apply.

One thing Ecofishers should consider though, is whilst maintaining pressure on the Moreton Bay saga, perhaps start to look at the GBR more closely, Our review period is up soon and I'll bet everything I have and then some that Greeny Garret will want to increase what we have now.

I've signed this petition though
    Duely noted Scott.

As you have noted the GBRMP is a different level of politics.

Damo.

PS: Having spent 4 months living in Townsville recently through work there is a serious need to upgrade the boat ramps to meet the needs of anglers in North QLD. Sign the petition in Scotts sig line today to help out your fellow rec anglers

How is the signage going in Moreton Bay? With dear old Kate announcing a few weeks ago that the rollout was 80% complete, I'd be interested to know about how folks here feel about that?

Are you seeing many people still fishing the zones?

Are you seeing any enforcement?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Only 600 odd signatures electronically.........
    Cheers,
    Chris

This closes the 30/10/09........at least it has been bumped up to 700 signatures on it. We might lose some of the support fisherman are getting in political circles if this petition loses momentum so this is to bump it up the list again.
    Cheers,
    Chris