Thread: Bribie Island Ocean Beach

Bribie Island Ocean Beach

Hi, my brother and I were considering going to Bribie this Wednesday, this will be our first time driving on the ocean beach there.
    Just after a bit of a heads up.
    Is there anything in particular we should be aware of?
    Are the creek cuttings deep or have particularly soft edges.
    Can it be transversed on up to near high tide or strictly two hour before/after low tide?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Re: Bribie Island Ocean Beach

i was up there a couple of weeks ago and the creeks are only passable around 2 hours each side of low tide as they are pretty deep and they flow pretty hard. the bottom of these creeks can also be very soft because the curent stirs up the sand. Apart from that the rest of the beach is in pretty good condition and easy to drive on if you go at low tide.
    cheers.

Are you aware you'll need a permit to drive on the beach at Bribie?

https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iap...AndBookings.do

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Are you aware you'll need a permit to drive on the beach at Bribie?

https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iap...AndBookings.do
    Yep knew permit is required, due to the early start needed Wednessday will be picking up the permit tomorrow.

Dave

If you're not keen on going through the creeks you can take the inland route which end up on at the northern end of the beach. There are some nice spots along Pumistone Passage to stop and have a look around.

Quote Originally Posted by dec0guy View Post
    If you're not keen on going through the creeks you can take the inland route which end up on at the northern end of the beach. There are some nice spots along Pumistone Passage to stop and have a look around.
    Thanks, however the inland beach access track from whitepatch is currently closed.

I was on the beach there Saturday, and there's only one creek crossing at the moment, at third lagoon from memory.

The washouts on the beach make it a little bumpy if you're high up in the sand, but you should have no problems.

One guy we saw had a few issues though.