Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: snapper snapper and more snapper...

Re: snapper snapper and more snapper...

Whatever the intent, a careless choice of words or gay abandon for playing by the rules, my motto is "what goes around comes around" and it's only a matter of time B4 it catches up with you. By the same token, if I catch someone in the act I would not sit idly by without pointing out the error of his ways.

Scalem

Wonder why Iceknight hasn't bothered defending himself !!!! and why his mates have to face the wrath for him.

The only good thing to come out of this post is the number of Ausfishers that are passionate about our fishery - great to see.

Gotta be a gee up I reckon. No photos? I think he's caught more than 42kg on this thread.

Ahhh computers been down

Anyway as i should note there was 4 of us in the boat, 2 were not fishing tho. but they did take fish home, waiting on some pics from my mate whos overseas till the end of this week, some of the pics wiill show fish in the boat.. with 3 people, and (one taking the photo)

I did go over the bag limit!! at least i can admit it, although i may have exgagerated a little in saying "way over"

It was a miscount, (poor on my behalf)

and it was hard throwing fish back.. esp when some are in the 6kg vicinty... ( who wants to honestly throw fish back like that!)

In the end. who hasent taken one too many fish, or a fish a Mm under..... by mistake??

or possibily theres a lot of jealously on this site, from some members who cant catch fish, so they dish it out on others for catching a good number of fish..

Thanks for the posts ShaneC, but i guess its up to the members in the end on what they think of the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    Gotta be a gee up I reckon. No photos? I think he's caught more than 42kg on this thread.
    there is photos... just waiting on a few, and a few other users on this site did see some of the fish i had...

Quote Originally Posted by iceknight View Post

and it was hard throwing fish back.. esp when some are in the 6kg vicinty... ( who wants to honestly throw fish back like that!)

In the end. who hasent taken one too many fish, or a fish a Mm under..... by mistake??

or possibily theres a lot of jealously on this site, from some members who cant catch fish, so they dish it out on others for catching a good number of fish..

1. If you have have your limit, release the fish or stop fishing, most members here will not take more or even their bag, you must be in the 1% that break the rules
    2. again you must be in the 1%, if its under size its released.
    3.plenty of members here that will out fish you and do it with in the regs

So you break the law in the fresh....
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...light=red+claw

and the salt....

The sheer idiocy of some people defies logic.

I don't catch many fish but I sure as hell am not jealous of anyone for the fish they catch..especially someone that admits to breaking the law...counting must not be a strong point.
    Error of judgement? Nope
    Obvious disregard of the laws in place..obviously.
    Where is fisheries when you need them....no better than the yellow coats everyone whinges about.

This thread should NOT be closed IMHO. While some will see this thread as cannon fodder for the greenies it clearly as hell shows the same sentiments that dedicated Rec fisho's have been bleating to the deaf ears of pollies and greenies alike that...........

People that break fishing regs ARE in that true 1% category! Also it proves our point that more fisheries officers are needed to police these regs instead of wasting bazillions of dollars to the Dermatits mob that will do absolutely nothing effective for the fishery.

Ice Knight I hope that you get done real hard next time (and im sure there will be) and the Fisheries department takes your boat and the car thats pulling the trailer.

Here is a perfect reason that fisheries regs allow inspections of home freezers etc. After they nail someone like this if the freezer is full of snapper fillets throw the book at him.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I have been watching this thread with much interest.

I am a crap fisherman in terms of catch rates (dont get out enough being my major challenge) especially compared to the IceKnight who seems to hold world records.

I would love to go into the bay and catch ONE snapper (I have never caught one in my life) (caught plenty of little squire but not keepers and they sure as hell go straight back in to their dad).

I envy and admire those members of this site that catch them, and many do so often.

I am not remotely jealous of those who catch snapper regularly.

I am not remotely jealous of you IceKnight. I am disgusted. I cringe for the fish (Im not a greenie as such); I cringe for my kids that I am trying to teach to fish; I cringe because I know that this type of behaviour will end up seeing the bay shut down completely and analagous irresponsible behaviour seeing Frazer Is closed down for responsible 4wd'ers like me.

Oz

PS. I have had Bream and Taylor sessions where I have voluntarily limited myself even though the buggers kept insisting on jumping into my boat. Perhaps thats because I see a little further than my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by iceknight View Post
    Ahhh computers been down

Anyway as i should note there was 4 of us in the boat, 2 were not fishing tho. but they did take fish home, waiting on some pics from my mate whos overseas till the end of this week, some of the pics wiill show fish in the boat.. with 3 people, and (one taking the photo)

I did go over the bag limit!! at least i can admit it, although i may have exgagerated a little in saying "way over"

It was a miscount, (poor on my behalf)

Thanks for the posts ShaneC, but i guess its up to the members in the end on what they think of the situation...
    Mate you are a goose

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. P.J. O'Rourke

The penalty for breaking the law can be less severe if the convicted shows remorse for the crime. You have admittted breaking the rules, but where is the remorse to show that you have learned from this experience, got caught up in the excitement of the moment of a hot bite period, and the next time keep a close eye on the number of fish released into the esky? Tell me you have a committment to sticking to the regulations next time fish of 6KG come over the side but you have already got your bag?

Scalem

Unbelievable is all I can say... how stupid can someone be? posting on an open forum explaining how he has broken the law and like Brian has said showing no remorse!!

Being in IT I know how easy it is to trace back to someone's home using their IP witch gets recorded every time you click that submit button.. I would also like to see this post stay so that if a proactive fisheries officer sees it they may act. How would you fair with a freezer raid IK?

I had forgotten that it was IK that posted about redclaw when I first read this post (I gave him an ear full back then), and now after giving you the benefit of the doubt on this thread I feel like a absolute dill . won't be forgetting this jokers name in a hurry again...

cheers
    Brandon...

Trouble is Brandon, he's not a joker...................unfortunately, he's for real!!!!!
    That's the sad thing!

Heretic.