Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: snapper snapper and more snapper...

Re: snapper snapper and more snapper...

Pete, I agree it reads very bad, and sounds like they may have taken more than they should have (as for the number.... Ahhhh admitadly well over the baglimit lost count as the joy set in.) but. I would like to think someone who has been on Ausfish for this long would know better, hence I am giving him the benifit of the doubt.

I guess we will find out when he comes back online.

Cheers
    Brandon...

Hey guys check the post on the offshore reports same guy next day .Certainly must have a freezer full.

Cheers Rob

reading it it sounds like the same trip... certainly will be interesting when he gets back to this post..

cheers
    Brandon...

Yeah Bert, I saw that post too.

Brandon - If he has mis-worded his post then I take it all back but it's all too easy to to say you worded it badly - after you get busted!!

He does mention it twice though. They they kept more than the bag limit and that they also threw some back - regretably!!

Obviously, some just don't get it. Those snapper come into the bay in those numbers to breed. Future stocks won't be sustainable if some tossers continue at this rate.

My say - over and out!!!

Don't think he's coming back to this Thread fella's as he's responded on other Threads since this one... I would say that he will avoid it as it is as embarrassing as it sounds!

Good to see that they're out there, sad to see that there's people out there like this unfortunately!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Brandon - firstly, I'm not having a go at you at all mate.

But if it is ture, maybe you can try to get your mate to change his ways and as you blog reads.

Good luck .

All good Black Sheep, he isn't my mate, I haven't meet this bloke at all b4 but he has fished with a mate of mine. So I know of him...

I just know how easily things can be misinterpreted when written, and the fact I wanted to give him the benifit of the doubt but that was b4 I saw his other post in offshore...

cheers
    Brandon...

Brandon read this, my thought's are the 12 post down http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=141275&page=8

well written foxy

matty

I didn't realise just how much of a tossa this bloke is until I went through the other thread.

Look I am not out to stir the pot, nor am I directing this at anyone in particular. I have been a fan of this site for quite some time and I would like to think I have helped a few and I have taken a few fishing and they have had a good time and caught some good fish.

I for one have been fishing with Mr Iceknight quite a few times. In that time I have found him to be a very knowledgeable fisherman, a good bloke and very helpful in giving advice wih various boating predicaments.

People in the know would be aware of the reason Iceknight may be a little cheesed off atm, he is a good sh!t stirrer, however I do not believe that bringing up past threads where he may have said something wrong is really constructive seeing he hasnt added to this thread.

I am in no way condoning illegal activity, I have not seen him do it, and those that have been fishing with me will confirm it does not happen on my boat. I have never seen Iceknight practice illegal activities, and if he did, I would be sure to let him know my stance.

That said, I believe he is sh!t stirring.... if he has I dont agree with him putting it on a public forum in the current state of greeny hype and hatred towards all fisherman. If he has done the wrong thing, I dont think he would be silly enough to admit it on here, thats got to be food for thought.

With the risk of getting the flame of the rest of those out there, I cannot stand idly by and allow many to brain one that may have done nothing wrong, sure it sounds bad, but you never know. Thats what I do as a mate to someone as many of you would do and have done recently and in the past for a mate of yours.

For those that want to keep blazing away at him.... I am sure whatever he did was an error in judgement, and I am sure he will apologise for this error in judgement in due time. Familiar???

Give him the benefit of the doubt as we don't know the details as yet. Hopefully IK will respond and clear up the matter. The post was not clear on what was kept or how many punters were on board.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

ShaneC, If your truely a mate tell him to pull his head in, ive had a run in with him before over a number of things and it would seem (by his words not mine) that he still hasnt learnt . If he is stirring its not funny ... foxy

This is a pic of a legal amount of snapper, 3 fishing, and we let heaps go, everyone should stay with in the regs, thats it.
    Last edited by Chong; 02-06-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: hit post button to quick:)-

Foxy I agree mate, when I get a chance to have a chat to him (hopefully tomorrow), I will surely pass on your sentiments. Its not funny in the current day and age, but I dont know the full story.

I am not about to turn my back on a guy that has done nothing but good things for me. I know he has had his tiffs in the past, and quite frankly, its none of my business and I am not about to get involved in it. But I am sure if he was your mates, you'd eventually stick up for the guy. Your run ins with IK in the past have nothing to do with me and I am not posting to take sides on anything, just offering an opinion based on what I have seen.

Like I said I am a big fan of this site, I dont want to get anyone offside, and I plan to keep it that way. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now guys, if I am wrong, I'll fall on my sword.

Shane