Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New 4 x 4 dual cab ?

Re: New 4 x 4 dual cab ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

Jabba,

Your truck went well the day out with us. Still going strong by the looks....

Yes is going great, and getting better with the more milage I put on it (30K now)

Looking foward to doing another Meet and Great 4x4 adventure, but I need a suspension lift and bigger tyres before I can come out and play again... The D40 doesn't have the ground clearance to do any off the fun stuff without causing any damage...

Phill, have you decided??

I am swaying towards a dual cab myself
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

I cant afford new cars, but i cant see the sense in buying a 35-$45000 and taking it bush and treating it like a 4x4..... i mean, if u have the cash go for gold, my 94 80 series i just aquired is awesome, and i dont have to worry about denting it or hurting it because i know i didnt put my fortune into it and its a very reliable truck (tried and tested) your best off driving every single one u want and seeing which one u like, everyone is going to be opinionated because they just spent 30gs on the thing so they pretty much have to like it, otherwise they have just wasted their money. Try them, and you cant go wrong.
    Fishin n shiz....its Tobey and Beau.....
    http://www.proatfishing.com
    Stay tuned, as the site needs updating

Quote Originally Posted by ped cairns View Post
    rossco what did they charge you for extra springs
    thanks
    g'day
    they didn't charge me for the extra springs...was done under the warranty.....my workmate bought a new triton about a week later and had the same prob with the arse end being soft took it back to mitsubishi and they wont fix it.....stay away from them unless you want a 2nd car for the missus to drive....100kg tool box on the back and saged 30 mm..not good..cheers rosco

doesn't matter what you buy from a cruiser ute down the rear springs aren't going to be right for everyone.

Mitsubishi do three stages of rear springs on the Triton depending on what level of spec you order - stylside, cab chassis and poofter (sports models).

Holden and Isuzu do two different wheelbases and 2 spring setups.

Writing them off 'because a mate' had issues is misleading.

My Colorado was a twin cab styleside which only comes with the 'comfort' level springs. They were turfed within a week for a 2" heavy duty raised set with adjustable overriders. New big bore shocks all round as well and it's now set up for ME - costs about $1200.

I've NEVER had a 4wd with a decent factory spring/shock combination for what I use them for, but I carry a decent constant load and tow a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by shincism View Post
    I cant afford new cars, but i cant see the sense in buying a 35-$45000 and taking it bush and treating it like a 4x4..... i mean, if u have the cash go for gold, my 94 80 series i just aquired is awesome, and i dont have to worry about denting it or hurting it because i know i didnt put my fortune into it and its a very reliable truck (tried and tested) your best off driving every single one u want and seeing which one u like, everyone is going to be opinionated because they just spent 30gs on the thing so they pretty much have to like it, otherwise they have just wasted their money. Try them, and you cant go wrong.
    But it is a 4 x 4 and how one ' treats ' their 4 x 4 is individual. You can take a 4 x 4 bush, on the beach etc and do less damage or not compared to getting it hit by shopping trolleys in Woollies carpark. It is all relative.

I don't have the ' cash ' either, but I use my vehicle for work purposes and therefore is a player in the tax situation. In the BIG picture, I do not pay for the first 2 - 3 years of owning the vehicle = free 4 x 4 ... in the BIG picture !

WHY ?

50% tax break, depreciation ( about 22.5% ) , expense deductions, interest on finance is deductible, fuel deductible, rego deductible etc etc.

Another biggie is...... it's new..... I will not be buying someone else's problems.

I am leaning heavily towards the Colorado. Fits the bill nicely.

3 ton tow
    3ltr diesel
    manual
    LSD
    Air
    good choice of colours
    120kw

and at the moment it is 8,000 cheaper than rivals.

just needs:-

long range tank
    alloy tray
    Bullbar
    spotties
    winch
    snorkel
    UHF
    Mags and decent tyres

and maybe diff locks.... for those times I want to " take my fortune " offroad and use it for what it is designed for.

Should be making decision very soon.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

GBC...my mates triton is a glx base model cab chassis and as you are aware these are the workers utes of there fleet...these utes are the only one in the triton range what can legally carry a ton ....in sayin this with the specs u refer to they are spose to sage no more than 20 mm in the rearer end as the specks state what he got from the service department where he bought the car...like i sad his sagged 30 mm with 100kg on it ....which is outside the specs....this is a common fault with them....so i think i have every rite to put this in this thread....also this is not the only one i have herd of.....but in sayin that i think we have all herd different things about every brand of ute out there...so each to there own ......the biggest issue i have with triton is the way they dont fix the problems.......whats the good of a 5/10yr warrenty when they wont fix a problem on a ute what is 6 weeks old.....
    cheers rosco

Hi Phil
    i dont want to put a dampener on things but your deduction figures dont add up to me, i may be reading your comments wrong but
    have you talked to accountant about it and what deductions will be in real dollars
    i am not an accountant but just visited mine to ask him about it as i am looking at buying same and following your thread.
    pedro

pedro,

Just briefly:-

You pay 35000 for said vehicle;

You are then entitled to 50% of that price in the first year ( $17500 ) off the Gross Income.

You are also entitled to 18.75% depreciation….($ 6563 )

These 2 figures alone add up to $24063 off your gross income.

For income over 34000 and up to 80000 you pay 4200 plus 30cents in the dollar.

If your income was 60,000, you would pay $12,000 in tax

Purchase the vehicle on a Chattel Mortgage with a 30% balloon;

Your monthly interest is about $100 and tax deductible
    Your repayment is about $440 per month

440 x 12 = 5,280…… cost to you.

Take off 24,063 plus rego, ins, fuel and maintanence and interest payment and your taxable income reduces so much that you are only obliged to pay 3, 185. That is saving you ( making a profit ) of 12,000 – 3,185 = $ 8,815… this is the tax you don’t have to pay.

So paying $340 per month for the vehicle ( that is the 440 – 100 interest tax break ), you pay 4080 for the car….. you saved 8,815 in tax…. You make profit of $4735 in the first year…. Which in reality equates to about the cost of fuel you’ll put in the vehicle… free fuel for a year…. I’ll take that.

These are figures I have done up. I am NOT an accountant. I have also not taken into account many other variables. But, I stand by my statement, that the vehicle will cost me
    next to nothing for the first 2 -3 years….. in the BIG picture.

I still also believe the 50% tax break is toooooo good an offer to miss.

Cheers Phill

hey phill,if you dont collect the gst dont do a chattel morgage do a equitment loan as if you go over the 75000 down th track and have to claim gst you can claim all the gst of the purchase price when you register for gst....this info is what i was informed by accountant...
    cheers rosco

Phill you forgot the full gst claim on the first bas statement .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

True... George... another 3500 top up ..

Phill

Im in a smartass tradie mode so its $3182 rounded up
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

OK, so it's $3181.81

I have contacted dealers and the price might be closer to 40 by the time ' options ' are added.

Phill

Phill I ended up buying a Navara RX 4x4 King Cab, found out they are very hard to come by. Rang several dealers today coul;d only foind 3 .. 2 autos and a manual.. bought the manual

Seesm Nisan did not anticipate the %50 rebate.. next stock delivery is September and price rise July 1 .. so I pounced on mine. Not sure whats available on dual cabs
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech