Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Communal camping stuff

Re: Communal camping stuff

Nibblies - chips, cheese, jazz, dip, beer sticks, etc to enjoy with a beer/rum.

Bread and bread rolls
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Thanks all for the extra ingredients, will update with those that are more possibly communal main meal ingredients but not individual snacks etc

I did forget to include about easy lunch ingredients when away in the boat/whatever. All the Taylor made bread will probably be gone/old by day 5

Daz will print and laminate for the trip

Greg true, but what does one then do with the gennie, chainsaw, tarp and 20 poles, toilet, shower, comfy self inflating mattresses, tent with bedroom and lounge room, welder, 200L of eskys, gas freezer, electric freezer, inverter, tables, banana lounges, chairs, spare outboard, spare tyres, compressor, trolley jacks, recovery equipment think that's all the main stuff outside of cooking and lighting.

Scott the hardest part to the self saucing pudding is choosing which flavour with cream along it gets even better and we now we even have a rum substitute....

cheers fnq

If it was me I wouldn't take half that stuff. I go rather simple as simple is easy.....Heaps of steaks and snags etc with a bag of spuds for the fire and tinned peas and corn etc......A little corn flour and lemon pepper for some fish and then the usual breaky and lunch stuff......The important stuff is the beverages and must always take a bottle or two of Port. My choice is Dr Jurds Jungle Juice which is a great heart starter and comes by the flaggon.....Good luck with the trip....

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Teabag73 View Post
    If it was me I wouldn't take half that stuff. I go rather simple as simple is easy.....Heaps of steaks and snags etc with a bag of spuds for the fire and tinned peas and corn etc......A little corn flour and lemon pepper for some fish and then the usual breaky and lunch stuff......The important stuff is the beverages and must always take a bottle or two of Port. My choice is Dr Jurds Jungle Juice which is a great heart starter and comes by the flaggon.....Good luck with the trip....

Cheers

Truth be known we will not either but good to have a comprehensive list to choose options from, around 13 days in 1 spot with nowhere to run for anything outside of a total emergency it can be a bummer if something simple is forgotten. At the end and with luck we will not want to eat another fish or crab for the rest of year

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Truth be known we will not either but good to have a comprehensive list to choose options from, around 13 days in 1 spot with nowhere to run for anything outside of a total emergency it can be a bummer if something simple is forgotten. At the end and with luck we will not want to eat another fish or crab for the rest of year

cheers fnq
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I leave on the 21st June for 3 weeks up the Cape with a fair mount of fishing planned but we will obviously be in a different spot most nights......Good luck with your trip.....

Yeah and good luck on yours when it arrives, if plan A is chosen and it survives to the very last day, will give you a wave from the tar road on the way back.

cheers fnq

Kabana, cheese, cherry or dried tomatoes and crackers.

As mentioned earlier, instant pancake mix (the one in the plastic bottle).

Noodle cups for when you want an instant snack.

Anything else that keeps your bum working.

- Darren

where r u going with all that gear..sounds like you are setting off to invade some foreign land..u going with Scott?

Take the micro wave and inverter like Malcolm Douglas does.

Damper is the go instead of bread as the camp fire will be going pretty well non stop by the sounds and a good lot of coals will be there.

Other deserts can then be made in the camp oven pretty well all day and night seeing your going to be in the one spot.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

wow, looking at that list all that's missing is a nice Chardonnay, candles, silverwear, some nice China & someone in a tux to serve it all...

alfoil and potatoes for the fire and tomato and barbeque sauce
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

beer would replace 95% of that list
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Mashed potato powder has always been a goer for me.......lightweight and convenient and no dirty pans, just add boiling water and butter/marg.

You can always make "bubble and squeek" variations with it or anything you care to add............add tin peas mashed, diced onion, and corned beef with a dash of HP brown sauce and fry or stick on hot plate turning till plenty of crisp bits.................Jeez, I wish I was cooking some now

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Good stuff that bubble and squeek.
    Mum used all the stuff in the fridge just before it went green in the Sunday Bubble and squeek. Mmmm
    Ooh, nearly smoko time. What's in the fridge

We also had another one...chicken surprise. It was a cooked chook broken up and made into a stir fry sort of set up with everything that's in the fridge that's about to go off.
    My mate called it chicken surprise but not because nobody really knew what was in it but it was a surprise that nobody got crook from it.
    Good on ya Andrew.
    A variation with fish or crab would work too.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good